The Student Room Group

PgDip, Msc or Bsc?

Hello,

I'm hoping to study Mental Health Nursing September 2016 and was wondering if anyone could help me with my questions.

* Do all of the above allow you to register for your pin and apply for RMN jobs?
* Do all allow you to apply for bursary and the additional grant?
* Is anyone a current student on the above courses and how are you finding it? Also, how are you funding it?

Also, I've previously done a degree in Politics and then a PGCE 5 years ago. I've been told thT with a Bsc I MAY be entitled to maintenance loans from SfE, but am I not eligible with PgDip and Msc as they are a higher qualifications?

Thank you!
Original post by KristieNCarr
Hello,

I'm hoping to study Mental Health Nursing September 2016 and was wondering if anyone could help me with my questions.

* Do all of the above allow you to register for your pin and apply for RMN jobs?
Presuming the MSC is a pre registration course, they all do.

* Do all allow you to apply for bursary and the additional grant?
By this, do you mean the 1k bursary and then the "means tested part" if so yes.

* Is anyone a current student on the above courses and how are you finding it? Also, how are you funding it?
I m 1st year of my Bsc in Mental health (started in september) and love it so far.
I have the full nhs bursary and have got a maintenance loan from sfw (i m originally from wales), personally as it's just me and my partner who is also a student i m managing without working quite comfortably so far but then the bursary will vary on your circumstances and your lifestyle/bills and the like so that depends from person to person.

Also, I've previously done a degree in Politics and then a PGCE 5 years ago. I've been told thT with a Bsc I MAY be entitled to maintenance loans from SfE, but am I not eligible with PgDip and Msc as they are a higher qualifications?

You definitely get the loan for a Bsc (i m technically a second degree student as I have a HND and got the loan), as for Pgdip i dont believe they do the loan. However, my university offers a 3 year Msc and they all appear to have gotten loans so I would ask each individual university to be sure.

Thank you!

See everything in bold above:smile:
If you've any other questions let me know and I ll try and help:smile:
Thank you you have been really helpful!
Original post by KristieNCarr
Thank you you have been really helpful!

No problem:smile: Good luck with your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending