The Student Room Group

Why is male height so important around the world?

Why is male height so important around the world?

Just heard how it's apparently really important in China too? (was not expecting that).
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

big feet...:wink:

Spoiler

i like tall women 6ft plus amazonians
Reply 4
Original post by halal kebab5
i like tall women 6ft plus amazonians

snoo snoo?
I'm not the type of girl who's obsessed with finding a guy 6ft+ as long as you're taller than me (5ft 7) then it's all good.
Reply 6
Original post by Novascope
I'm not the type of girl who's obsessed with finding a guy 6ft+ as long as you're taller than me (5ft 7) then it's all good.

Thanks for those couple extra inches :P
Our society shouldn't be judging people based on their height, that's heightism.
Reply 8
Original post by Oh no not again!
Our society shouldn't be judging people based on their height, that's heightism.

it's going to happen anyway.
Because somebody needs to be able to reach those high supermarket shelves. The world gets it.
Original post by Bill_Gates
it's going to happen anyway.

But that's unfair on those that don't choose to be short, because of their genetics.

It's like me discriminating on someone because of their color or ethnicity except it's a little less stigmatised because it's height. And more watered down.
Reply 11
Probably because evolution is way slower than intellectual progress and the growth of societies, so our brains are still wired like those of early humans; there was probably a time when males being taller and hence looking more imposing could have a real concrete influence on survival.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Because somebody needs to be able to reach those high supermarket shelves. The world gets it.

True
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Probably because evolution is way slower than intellectual progress and the growth of societies, so our brains are still wired like those of early humans; there was probably a time when males being taller and hence looking more imposing could have a real concrete influence on survival.

Half the world still does not have electricity. I still don't see women going just for "intellectuals". Money yes but being smart and having money does not always correlate (Trump).
Reply 14
Original post by SwedishRedhead

I guess this is the not trolling version
Cause it just is.
Original post by Novascope

Have you grown an inch? :curious:
Original post by Mr Smurf
Have you grown an inch? :curious:

Yep! I hadn't noticed, but I came home from uni on Friday and got measured and I'm an inch taller. Wouldn't really notice growing just an inch would you
Reply 18
Original post by demx9

I guess this is the not trolling version

The first chart of this type I have seen that goes down to my height :colonhash:
D.O Kyungsoo, is an exception.

Quick Reply

Latest