The Student Room Group

I can't cook :(

I certainly can't :frown: I made noodles today and now I can hear my dad scraping them off his plate downstairs...I don't blame him I had two bites of mine and gave up on them:frown:

Are you a good cook? HOW?!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I follow instructions on a recipe letter by letter and it usually comes out edible lmao.

Sometimes I pretend Gegg Wallace and John whats-his-face will judge me if my food turns out bad, scares me enough to focus omg.
Reply 2
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I certainly can't :frown: I made noodles today and now I can hear my dad scraping them off his plate downstairs...I don't blame him I had two bites of mine and gave up on them:frown:

I usually just throw stuff together and it works :dontknow:
heck of a good cook,
lookie... :tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 4
As your friend and a very good cook, I shall give you lessons. :h: But c'mon noodles are the easiest thing you can make. :colonhash:
Original post by RainbowKiwi
I follow instructions on a recipe letter by letter and it usually comes out edible lmao.

Sometimes I pretend Gegg Wallace and John whats-his-face will judge me if my food turns out bad, scares me enough to focus omg.

Greg Wallace and John Torrode
So you're saying you can't follow instructions on a piece of paper while making sure you don't burn your hands?

I'm not either...nothing ever works out and my nan always shouts at me bc idk anything about Indian food:redface:
image.jpg

Now you might say "Oh the lovely Mrs Holmes, it doesn't look awful" but I can assure you it was terrible :frown: and worse my dad just lied saying it was good! :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by homeland.lsw
Greg Wallace and John Torrode

Fanx m8, mind went blank there.
Feminism.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Fanx m8, mind went blank there.

No probz :smile:
Simply follow the instructions and taste along the way so you don't get a nasty surprise when you eat it.
Wow! you can't cook noodles.

I am sure a neanderthal could cope.
Original post by shawn_o1
So you're saying you can't follow instructions on a piece of paper while making sure you don't burn your hands?

No I'm saying I can't make food that doesn't taste a bit like fart. :bawling:
No I'm saying I can't make food that doesn't taste a bit like fart. :bawling:

Add seasoning next time (and salt and pepper dosent cut it imo:colonhash:)
Original post by chantalc
I'm not either...nothing ever works out and my nan always shouts at me bc idk anything about Indian food:redface:

My mum has a catering business so it's actually embarrassing. :redface: I only know how to eat indian food! :biggrin:
Even if I follow a recipe... I still mess up.

I can cook toast and rice, that's really it.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Add seasoning next time (and salt and pepper dosent cut it imo:colonhash:)

I diidddddd. But I put too many in there I think :frown:

I used:
-Red chilli powder
-Cumin
-Garam Masala
-Salt
-Pepper
-This other thing in the box
-and shredded coriander.

Still tasted like crap :redface: maybe I'm just not meant to cook....I burnt my oatmeal the other day.:frown:
Original post by Anonynmous
Feminism.

this is feminism

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest