The Student Room Group

I can't cook :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inexorably
Even if I follow a recipe... I still mess up.

I can cook toast and rice, that's really it.

Thank you :smile: you made me feel human again. I make really good toast. I double toast it to make it extra crunchy :tongue:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
My mum has a catering business so it's actually embarrassing. :redface: I only know how to eat indian food! :biggrin:

oh dear :biggrin: and I can't deal with food thats too spicy, like chicken korma is all I have when we go to an Indian:colondollar:
Original post by swedishredhead
this is feminism

Not on my food thread!!!!!!:angry: take it awayyyyyyy
Not on my food thread!!!!!!:angry: take it awayyyyyyy

ok haha ill flush
Original post by chantalc
oh dear :biggrin: and I can't deal with food thats too spicy, like chicken korma is all I have when we go to an Indian:colondollar:

I quite like the spice but I go crazy with it, another reason why it tasted like crap! :colonhash: I hope I learnnnnnn soon :frown:
Original post by SwedishRedhead
ok haha ill flush

Take the poo off my thread or I will flush you! :angry:
Reply 26
I certainly can't :frown: I made noodles today and now I can hear my dad scraping them off his plate downstairs...I don't blame him I had two bites of mine and gave up on them:frown:

Are you a good cook? HOW?!

you know, it doesn't matter if you can't cook it's not a big deal so don't get upset over it 😃 but as a tip maybe use recipes and have a little more self-confidence because I'm sure you can cook 😃😃
image.jpg

Now you might say "Oh the lovely Mrs Holmes, it doesn't look awful" but I can assure you it was terrible :frown: and worse my dad just lied saying it was good! :frown:

Oh lovely Mrs Holmes, it kinda does look awful.
I certainly can't :frown: I made noodles today and now I can hear my dad scraping them off his plate downstairs...I don't blame him I had two bites of mine and gave up on them:frown:

Are you a good cook? HOW?!

Use Google. That's how I learnt how to cook :smile:
I diidddddd. But I put too many in there I think :frown:

I used:
-Red chilli powder
-Cumin
-Garam Masala
-Salt
-Pepper
-This other thing in the box
-and shredded coriander.

Still tasted like crap :redface: maybe I'm just not meant to cook....I burnt my oatmeal the other day.:frown:

As long as you're not like this:

You should be fine
Reply 30
yes i can cook
Take the poo off my thread or I will flush you! :angry:

what poo? :lolwut:
what poo? :lolwut:

The poo you decided to paste on my thread to explain your opinion of feminism, which I totally disagree with but hey ho! Thanks for putting it in the spoiler :biggrin:
Reply 33
this is feminism

Spoiler

ewwww what were you thinking???????
The poo you decided to paste on my thread to explain your opinion of feminism, which I totally disagree with but hey ho! Thanks for putting it in the spoiler :biggrin:

i'm not an anti feminist :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by PetitBourgeois
Oh lovely Mrs Holmes, it kinda does look awful.

:cry2: I KNOW!
Original post by sue99
you know, it doesn't matter if you can't cook it's not a big deal so don't get upset over it 😃 but as a tip maybe use recipes and have a little more self-confidence because I'm sure you can cook 😃😃

:biggrin: I should do that next time.

Thankyou for that uplifting post :redface: I might try again......tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by sue99
ewwww what were you thinking???????

What?
Some people are worse
I diidddddd. But I put too many in there I think :frown:

I used:
-Red chilli powder
-Cumin
-Garam Masala
-Salt
-Pepper
-This other thing in the box
-and shredded coriander.

Still tasted like crap :redface: maybe I'm just not meant to cook....I burnt my oatmeal the other day.:frown:

:console: i am not a good cook myself
I have also burnt oatmeal :tongue:
Not a bad choice in seasonings

I tried making this african dish Jollof rice and it was so bland:frown: it is still in the freezer :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest