The Student Room Group

Why is male height so important around the world?

Scroll to see replies

The first one uses outdated studies and only shows a remotely meaningful correlation with social esteem. Presidential height can easily be due to coincidence rather than cause and effect seeing as the sample is so small.
Original post by Helloworld_95
The first one uses outdated studies and only shows a remotely meaningful correlation with social esteem. Presidential height can easily be due to coincidence rather than cause and effect seeing as the sample is so small.

You say this as if not a lot of things in modern society aren't already backwards enough as they are :mmm:
Original post by Helloworld_95

Yeah, your gut instinct is probably more reliable than the research studies.

tall men are attractive ngl
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Nah 6'4 is the perfect male height :wink:

Said nobody, ever :lol:

Jokes aside, 6'2, 6'4 that sort of region you're always looking at a better-be-built-or-you'll-look-a-lanky-prick scenario, so being tall has just one glaring disadvantage but can be rectified with a bit of hard work and you go from being lanky to physically superior :biggrin: Wouldn't wanna be any taller than 6'4 though, bordering on freak territory then :lol:
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Worked in HR. Men who are taller than average (by 5% at least) tend do get higher performance grades.

Also, people who are right handed tend to live longer than people who are left handed....... :P
Original post by Novascope
Yep! I hadn't noticed, but I came home from uni on Friday and got measured and I'm an inch taller. Wouldn't really notice growing just an inch would you

I would. :emo:
Reply 48
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Exactly.

I remember when one of my exes was undecided about the future between us because "(he) wants (his) children to play basketball as a serious extracurricular like (him)" :lolwut: that was v rude if you ask me :hand: didn't even want his babies :hand: awks :hand:

What a guy :rofl: thats the best thing ive ever heard. But if i were you i would have probably b*tch slapped him.
Reply 49
Exactly.

I remember when one of my exes was undecided about the future between us because "(he) wants (his) children to play basketball as a serious extracurricular like (him)" :lolwut: that was v rude if you ask me :hand: didn't even want his babies :hand: awks :hand:

Wtf for real?!
Cause people have preferences and care about looks of course. It's like asking why are people so concerned about a woman's weight. I mean it'd be nice if society didn't make us all so body conscious about everything, but it seems to be reality. The best we can do no take the piss out of people who don't fit the 'ideal' as it were.
Original post by saeed97
What a guy :rofl: thats the best thing ive ever heard. But if i were you i would have probably b*tch slapped him.

Whose side are you on m9, that post was full of contradictions from start to finish :rofl:

Original post by JD1lla
Wtf for real?!

Yep .. I don't remember what my reply was but I can imagine I was butthurt long before the comeback got to me..
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The first chart of this type I have seen that goes down to my height :colonhash:

evert inch counts XD
Reply 53
Whose side are you on m9, that post was full of contradictions from start to finish :rofl:

From my perspective it was hilarious af. But i said if i were you i would have been extremely offended lol.
Original post by saeed97
From my perspective it was hilarious af. But i said if i were you i would have been extremely offended lol.

Man only apologised when I said I wouldn't travel up to see him :rofl: still didn't go
Original post by WoodyMKC

Jokes aside, 6'2, 6'4 that sort of region you're always looking at a better-be-built-or-you'll-look-a-lanky-prick scenario, so being tall has just one glaring disadvantage but can be rectified with a bit of hard work and you go from being lanky to physically superior :biggrin: Wouldn't wanna be any taller than 6'4 though, bordering on freak territory then :lol:

This.

6'2 to 6'4 is the perfect male height, among my friends 6'0 doesn't seem rare and above 6'4 you start to look freakish and awkward, rather than dominant and powerful.
Reply 56
Original post by grvcex97
evert inch counts XD

Thanks for the encouragement.. :colonhash:
Original post by WoodyMKC

hahaa i used to be a lanky prick 'till i hit the iron. but so true
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
hahaa i used to be a lanky prick 'till i hit the iron. but so true

Likewise mate haha, tall and skinny as **** :lol: Takes a while to fill out the taller frame but I'm looking more muscular than most of the short guys in my gym after a few years of hard graft :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest