The Student Room Group

Girls, can you do pushups?

Scroll to see replies

I struggle to do more than 2. I could practice but effort.
No :frown: My arms are too weak lol
Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.
I know right? Sometimes my friends tell me that I'm strong and I think to myself "It really isn't that hard to do 10 push ups, at least try 1!" :smile:

Yep pretty much. Same goes for sit ups and planks. We did them back in school for PE and the others would disregard themselves really quickly - "I can't do it, I don't have the genes like you do"... And then they'd ask me why I work out so much if I'm already skinny. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do push ups according to what day of the month it is, so for 25th October I would do 25 push ups. It's a good way to increase stamina over a relatively long period of time. Sometimes I just do 10 if I can't be bothered.
Now sit ups on the other hand are pretty difficult!

I did something similar over a 3 month period. I did 1 pushup on day 1 and +1 each consecutive day. By the end of the 3 months I was able to do 90 pushups all at once. It never seemed to get "easier" but I was able to do it.
Original post by Anal Beadz
I get that there's the issue of upper body mass, but I hardly work out EVER and yet I can still easily overpower my ex who worked out daily and had way more muscle mass than me.

I have no idea whether you're a man or a woman or what point you're trying to make but good for you I suppose. I'm not sure if I want to know why you're going round overpowering your exes. Maybe it's not so good.
Original post by SmashConcept
I have no idea whether you're a man or a woman or what point you're trying to make but good for you I suppose. I'm not sure if I want to know why you're going round overpowering your exes. Maybe it's not so good.

Hehe. I'm a young man and just to be clear, I only overpowered her when we in a relationship and she wanted me to. Also, I just watched a video for the beep test and I remembered that girls run really funny as well, and I know there's the issue of large breasts there, but then why do flat-chested girls also run like...girls?
Original post by Anal Beadz
Hehe. I'm a young man and just to be clear, I only overpowered her when we in a relationship and she wanted me to. Also, I just watched a video for the beep test and I remembered that girls run really funny as well, and I know there's the issue of large breasts there, but then why do flat-chested girls also run like...girls?

So it's another data point for the avant garde hypothesis that maybe men are stronger than women. Wow.
With that bit about imbalance, it's very apt then that your username is balanced :biggrin:
I do try with sit ups but a few hours after finishing them, my stomach has a peculiar muscle strain-like sensation.
By the way, what is 'tricking'?

I go to a girls' school and there is mixed performance in relation to push ups, some people can do none while some others manage 5 to 10 (perhaps more?). We used to do circuit training in PE, so push ups and sit ups came up frequently.

tricking is a sport known less commonly as martial arts tricking. Basically it's tumbling+martial arts and some incorporate a little break-dance.
pushups are good cos they tell u bout fitness an bodyweight. if iv put on a bit of weight i can tel cos I cant do as many pushups xxx

Quick Reply

Latest