The Student Room Group

Who's been to the states?

Just curious.. who here has visited the U.S.?
Where did you go and what for? Did you enjoy it?
Anybody have yet to and want to visit America?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have never been to the US. I'd like to one day. However it's not my dream, if money wasn't a problem I'd visit many other countries before.
I havent been yet but Im going next year to New York and maybe San Francisco next to my cousins. Even though Ive never been, I love the US (apart from the feds lool). Also want to visit LA but i'll see how it goes.
Visited NYC, Vegas, Miami and LA a few times (just for holidays).

Yes, I love it! :biggrin: There's so much to do and see, and it's obviously a great place for shopping etc.
I've been Disneyland in Florida, got lost with my sister by the flamingoes, dad got drunk and we left him at the hotel, I had a breakdown due to the size portions and ended up eating a plate full of broccoli, hot air balloon was sooo good (all my sister spotted was MacD smh), overall it was quite good. I'd love to go California and New York and take my Mom to see the Grand Canyon...tempted to go Las Vegas sometime but i'd never leave aha
Reply 5
yes i went to virginia; it was ok
Reply 6
I took my ex on surprise trip to US. I spent months planning, worked my ass off to be able to afford it. Flew business class via British Airways and we went to

California (LA, San Diego) then stayed in a lovely five star hotel in Vegas. Saw the Grand Canyon and that, then flew to Ohio and visited Cedar Point. That big theme park with loads of rollercoasters and crap food. Then drove to Buffalo, Niagra etc to see The Falls, then to Mt Morris, NY. Visited Letchworth State Park. It's known as Grand Canyon of the East. It's all foresty and really nice. Several waterfalls. Then went to New York City. Our hotel was situated in Times Square. $800 for like 3 nights. Amazing. I've also visited San Fran (sorry I know the locals hate it being called this)

Was really romantic. Cost me many thousands. Broke up on our last day in NYC.
(edited 8 years ago)
Born and raised in the States.

Miss it so f***ing much :frown: I want to go back for university so bad
Original post by JD1lla
I took my ex on surprise trip to US. I spent months planning, worked my ass off to be able to afford it. Flew business class via British Airways and we went to

California (LA, San Diego) then stayed in a lovely five star hotel in Vegas. Saw the Grand Canyon and that, then flew to Ohio and visited Cedar Point. That big theme park with loads of rollercoasters and crap food. Then drove to Buffalo, Niagra etc to see The Falls, then to Mt Morris, NY. Visited Letchworth State Park. It's known as Grand Canyon of the East. It's all foresty and really nice. Several waterfalls. Then went to New York City. Our hotel was situated in Times Square. $800 for like 3 nights. Amazing.

Was really romantic. Cost me many thousands. Broke up on our last day in NYC.

Wow that sucks , why?
Original post by grvcex97
Just curious.. who here has visited the U.S.?
Where did you go and what for? Did you enjoy it?
Anybody have yet to and want to visit America?

I'd like to keep my life , but thanks!

Spoiler

I went there summer after year 8, accompanying my dad on his business trips - basically to California (LA, San Jose) and New York. Other than probably the day trip to Yosemite National Park, I despised it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Wow that sucks , why?

Various reasons. Everybody is always like "the flight back must of been awkward" and I'm like nah it was business class mate haha. It was really sad and painful. We were both in tears at the hotel sat there like :frown:

Was one of the most painful experiences of my life, to see this girl I loved in so much agony. A few weeks later, she slept with this guy when she was travelling in Thailand and boasted about it to me, so I vowed to not get back with her or try and make things right.

I returned to California this summer. I love the place. Had the best time and I will return next summer.
Original post by JD1lla
Various reasons. Everybody is always like "the flight back must of been awkward" and I'm like nah it was business class mate haha. It was really sad and painful. We were both in tears at the hotel sat there like :frown:

Was one of the most painful experiences of my life, to see this girl I loved in so much agony. A few weeks later, she slept with this guy when she was travelling in Thailand and boasted about it to me, so I vowed to not get back with her or try and make things right.

I returned to California this summer. I love the place. Had the best time and I will return next summer.

Yeah cali seems like an amazing place , hoping to go there soon.

Cant believe she would boast about that tho :O
Reply 13
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Yeah cali seems like an amazing place , hoping to go there soon.

Cant believe she would boast about that tho :O

Yeah. I thoroughly, thoroughly recommend San Diego. Everybody speaks positively of it
Reply 14
Original post by Student403
Born and raised in the States.

Miss it so f***ing much :frown: I want to go back for university so bad

where you from?
NYC, Boston Washington, Vegas and Los Angeles
We drove through the East Coast cities that I mentioned, then took a plane to the west coast...
it was amazing!!!!
Original post by JD1lla
where you from?

Illinois
Reply 17
Original post by Student403
Illinois

my uni have an exchange program with the uni there.
Original post by JD1lla
my uni have an exchange program with the uni there.

Ah cool. Which one are you at?
I've gone to Florida,I loved the first couple of days but I got a bit sick of it. I was glad to be home after.

Quick Reply

Latest