The Student Room Group

Petition so only British citizens can vote in the EU referendum

Please sign an online petition (and share on facebook/twitter etc) demanding only British citizens be allowed to vote in the EU referendum:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/109868

Scroll to see replies

Because this clearly isn't going to bias the vote.
Reply 2
I agree and signed
Reply 3
Original post by Vikingninja

why should non British Citizens vote? it not their country they don't deserve to decide what happens
Original post by saxsan4
why should non British Citizens vote? it not their country they don't deserve to decide what happens

Those who are living within the UK can decide on what happens. Denying someone that is just racism and a breach of human rights.
Reply 5

Allowing non-British people to vote on Britain remaining in the EU is not bias, but only allowing the people of the country in question to vote, is bias?

:rolleyes:
Reply 6
Those who are living within the UK can decide on what happens. Denying someone that is just racism and a breach of human rights.

Lol do you even know what racism means?

i think not
Original post by saxsan4

What have you done to "deserve" to be able to decide our EU status.
Original post by mmm778899
Allowing non-British people to vote on Britain remaining in the EU is not bias, but only allowing the people of the country in question to vote, is bias?

:rolleyes:

They live here, they have a right to vote as it affects them. Anyone living in Scotland could vote in their referendum why should we disenfranchise people here.
Original post by saxsan4

They live here so they have just as much right to decide whether we stay or go as everyone else.
Original post by SmashConcept
What have you done to "deserve" to be able to decide our EU status.

its my Country, therefore i have the right to decide what happens, if i go to the USA i don't deserve to decide what effects them.
Reply 11
Why is this even a petition? Surely the government isn't stupid enough to allow EU citizens to vote as well.
Original post by saeed97
Why is this even a petition? Surely the government isn't stupid enough to allow EU citizens to vote as well.

David Cameron is uselss
Original post by saxsan4
its my Country, therefore i have the right to decide what happens, if i go to the USA i don't deserve to decide what effects them.

I don't think you know what the word "deserve" means.
I don't think you know what the word "deserve" means.

Migrants didn't grow here here and don't have to suffer the consequences of the answer.
Original post by saxsan4
Migrants didn't grow here here and don't have to suffer the consequences of the answer.

Even if this were true it doesn't have anything to do with how deserving they are.
Original post by saxsan4

No it's not YOUR country. If that were the case then god forbid because we'd be under a dictatorship.

Original post by saxsan4
Lol do you even know what racism means?

i think not

Go look at the definition yourself, I really can't be arsed with handing it out now.
Even if this were true it doesn't have anything to do with how deserving they are.

Yes it does, if i go to the USA i should not vote there as i am only a visitor, same as Migrants, they are only visitors and not people who live here.

EU citizens can only vote in the local elections and not the general election. No one has complained that this is racist.

Get your head out your arse.
No it's not YOUR country. If that were the case then god forbid because we'd be under a dictatorship.

Go look at the definition yourself, I really can't be arsed with handing it out now.

No one mentioned race, therefore its not racism, I know the definition perfectly, please explain how this is racist? No one said ''only white people should vote'' therefore how is it racist?

And ''arsed'' is not a word.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending