The Student Room Group

Your thoughts and experience on PE

post removed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because that's how this world works.
I hated PE, always skipped it.

My friend & I actually only turned up for three PE classes in our entire first year of high school (and we had 2 PE classes a week) and in the last week of school when the teacher was deciding everyone's grades, he realized he didn't recognize our names so had to ask our head teacher who we were and if we were actually in his class. So at the end of the year we had to introduce ourselves to the teacher whose class we never attended :frown:
tbh I hated PE. Possibly because I was at an all girls school it was mainly hockey and tennis. I hate both
Nearly every sport has male and female leagues nowadays. Therefore it would be wrong to suggest to young impressionable students that one sport belongs to one sex (not even in the case of lingerie football. I see no problem with a man wanting to play that.)
kept accidentally breaking a bone every 2 weeks about 5 minutes before I had P.E. and now that I think about it, what a coincidence :mmm:

Plus, P.E. was always a day after I had Judo so I was exhausted
Tbh some days it was fun, some days it wasn't
i agree, i really want to do 'masculine sports' like football and rugby but bc we are a girls school we are restricted to doing c*** like netball and lacrosse :s-smilie:
I used to love PE as long as it wasn't football.
I rather like PE.

{sorry}
Original post by driftawaay
I hated PE, always skipped it.

My friend & I actually only turned up for three PE classes in our entire first year of high school (and we had 2 PE classes a week) and in the last week of school when the teacher was deciding everyone's grades, he realized he didn't recognize our names so had to ask our head teacher who we were and if we were actually in his class. So at the end of the year we had to introduce ourselves to the teacher whose class we never attended :frown:

How did you skip it? At my school they check the register and if you are not in class they look for you and ask you the next day about why you don't attend PE lessons.
Hated PE in my secondary school best you were either with ***** or people who just didn't care, also the sports were **** with how the teachers presented it all.
We had to do netball and throwing shot putts which I hate.
Never really liked it much. I was always awful at whatever sport we did and ended up getting left out of most activities not through lack of trying, but because almost everyone else was better and they would, for example, dominate a game of football to the point they were basically having their own game, if you get what I mean. Not an issue for things like tennis though, because that was always 1v1 or 2v2 at most.

Even worse when we were outside during autumn and winter when it was freezing cold no matter how many layers I put on underneath my shirt. That's the part I hated the most.
I'm in the hating it group!

As girls, we were expected to go tag rugby as opposed to regular rugby, which really peed me off. plus then there's the whole getting changed with the other girls thing. I had major body issues when I was 14! (god, thats more than 10 years ago! :P)

really wish I could've skived netball and rounders'. is it too hard to suggest girls doing karate or other martial art? that way they don't have to wear skimpy clothing and can do something empowering whilst learning to defend themselves. I reckon it would be quite popular.
Penis enlargement is a mug's game, IHatePE, and you'd be better off giving up. Everyone in that game starts with high hopes and ends up resenting the world even more than when they began. It won't get any bigger. It just won't.
I hated PE simply because I was terrible at sports..
I really hated PE, both in primary school and high school. I hated doing team sports like netball and benchball especially, because everybody would yell at me if I did something wrong, and nobody wanted me on their team as I was useless. I would've liked to have played sports like badminton, which I'm actually quite good at, but sadly we were rarely allowed to do that.

One game which I outright refused to play was dodgeball. If we were told we were doing dodgeball, I would sit down and refuse to join in. I was not only terrified of being hit by the balls, but the shouting and screaming which occurred during each game seriously stressed me out.

I don't think I've ever felt more relieved than when I finished my last ever PE lesson!
Came here thinking this was about Private Equity...
Let's put it this way. Every year, my PE teacher would write in my report something like "With his current positive attitude, he could greatly improve next year" and I never did.

Quick Reply

Latest