The Student Room Group

It's dark at 5pm and I hate it.

Scroll to see replies

Having lived my whole life in the south of Spain, where the weather is completely different, I do admit that I would find it a bit depressing if it was dark at 5pm. I mean, I usually have lunch at 4pm!!!
Well, initially nor do I - but you've kinda got it in my mind mate - cheers for that.
Tough, you sun lovers had your fun. Now I can go about my business without the sun blaring in my face, people being quiet and not swarming around me like dancing bees, and no topless fat men. Good.
iTs better than Light
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:stomp:

ugh I hate it it too, but I know a lot of people that love it. It's the most annoying thing about winter imo.
It's messing with my mojo, but I'll get used to it.
I absolutely love it!:h: It thrills my heart and makes me feel all cosy and safe and comforted inside.:3
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:stomp:

Solve your problems using a physicist's best tool: science.

1. Use your numerical skills to acquire money. When you have enough, go to step 2.
2. Buy a giant mirror that reflects the sun's light towards the UK for x hours after the normal sun light is gone
3. ???
4. Become a TSR celebrity
5. Break your dry spell
6. ???
7. Profit!

:colone:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
I absolutely love it!:h: It thrills my heart and makes me feel all cosy and safe and comforted inside.:3

You love darkness. :eek:

I knew it. You have gone to the Dark Side. :frown:
That's the problem when the clocks go back, the darkness level that would have been at 6pm is now at 5pm...

If you're at home, you'll have to turn the heating/lights on earlier. If you're out and about, that's when it's not as cosy....

I'm not looking forward to the times when I have to stay at uni until 6pm (luckily this is only once a week), because it'll be pitch black even when I leave the university. Even when I leave the university at 4pm, it'll be dark by the time I get home (about 5:15pm).
Sigh at people getting so emotional over things like light and dark.

Do you also bark at cars and howl at the moon?
Reply 31
I hate it too. It just reminds me that I've spent the whole day being unproductive due to how short it seems.
Reply 32
Original post by AstroNandos
I'malways unmotivated and unproductive when it's dark, winter is just the worst

I miss summer :frown:

Unproductive in winter? Were you productive in Summer? :wink:
I used to complain about this when I was younger but I no longer see the point. I've grown up in this country so in truth, I'm used to it.

I actually like it, Autumn and Winter are my favourite times of year.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Sigh at people getting so emotional over things like light and dark.

Do you also bark at cars and howl at the moon?

Yes, how did you know?
Same. Its so depressing :cry2:
Miss the summer tbh
Original post by ironandbeer2
Tough, you sun lovers had your fun. Now I can go about my business without the sun blaring in my face, people being quiet and not swarming around me like dancing bees, and no topless fat men. Good.

I find the sun more annoying in Winter than the Summer. Its so low in the sky that it makes driving a lot harder as I can hardly see where I'm going even when I wear sunglasses.

I hate Winter though. I hate the cold, the dark and the wet and having to spend more money on heat, electric and warm clothes. I wish I could hibernate for the next 6 months.
I LOVE IT! I wait for this time of year ALL year round!
Original post by DarkMagic
I find the sun more annoying in Winter than the Summer. Its so low in the sky that it makes driving a lot harder as I can hardly see where I'm going even when I wear sunglasses.

Can't argue there tbh
My depression always gets worse in winter it's miserable:frown: I'm usually stuck inside during the short sunlight hours as well.

Quick Reply

Latest