The Student Room Group

Anyone given up on love?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
You're still a solid 3/4ish years away from the average marriage age..

Just soldier on bro, you'll be good

Who'd want someone my age who's never even been on a date?

I haven't even kissed someone sober before it's only ever been a drunken snog in a club
Reply 61
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry if it is a generalisation but I think girls catch feelings quicker than guys when it comes to stuff like that. Lust sometimes turns to deeper feelings because of the intimacy and stuff

Girls do generally get attached quicker but men tend to keep their feelings inside so to be honest you can't really tell what a guy is feeling until he wants you to know. He could be in deeper than the girl but is not saying it. Girls are normally open books, guys normally aren't unless you know them really well.
Original post by ZuluK
Girls do generally get attached quicker but men tend to keep their feelings inside so to be honest you can't really tell what a guy is feeling until he wants you to know. He could be in deeper than the girl but is not saying it. Girls are normally open books, guys normally aren't unless you know them really well.

Fair enough, but that's also the reason why some girls get frustrated and just draw back . And why we always think that it's just mind games with some guys.

I just think it's the main reason why things are so complicated and the girl usual has to ask the guy, what he thinks and such.
Reply 63
Fair enough, but that's also the reason why some girls get frustrated and just draw back . And why we always think that it's just mind games with some guys.

I just think it's the main reason why things are so complicated and the girl usual has to ask the guy, what he thinks and such.

If the girl draws back then I don't think she really liked the guy that much. if the girl really likes the guy she'll stick by him until he feels comfortable telling her his emotions.

and it's a good thing if a girl ask the guy but sometimes it can be a bit annoying and nagging if you do it too much. Believe me, I've nagged enough of my friends to open up and they get annoyed.
For someone to love me and me to love them :daydreaming: I've felt lust before but never love. I dislike the idea of romance though. Ugh. Too much cringe. Keep it subtle pls
Reply 65
Original post by sr90

I haven't even kissed someone sober before it's only ever been a drunken snog in a club

Are you 25? Sorry I don't know your age. Someone would probably find that endearing. Myself it wouldn't matter if the guy had never been kissed or dated- I'd probably find that hot :colondollar:

It's just the matter of being in the right place right time (I know it's cliche and annoying) but it's true. :smile:
Original post by ZuluK
If the girl draws back then I don't think she really liked the guy that much. if the girl really likes the guy she'll stick by him until he feels comfortable telling her his emotions.

and it's a good thing if a girl ask the guy but sometimes it can be a bit annoying and nagging if you do it too much. Believe me, I've nagged enough of my friends to open up and they get annoyed.

Sorry but i have to disagree, sometimes the guy just acts distance when the girl is starting to like him. But then i think situations such as sex doesn't really help . or what do you think?
Reply 67
Sorry but i have to disagree, sometimes the guy just acts distance when the girl is starting to like him. But then i think situations such as sex doesn't really help . or what do you think?

Yeah but girls do that as well. For some reason we like to make the person who is attracted to us, work a bit harder in getting us. (Playing hard to get is one of the oldest games)

Sex is the easy bit, relationship is the harder part.
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Yeeesss (for now)
No point trying to force find something, just be awesome and genuine and let it find you
For now, i'm just going to focus on my own life

I agree, focusing on your own life is much better than even bothering with love. I'm glad that I gave up a few weeks before my 19 birthday and I haven't looked back since. I've even moved on from the whole "I'm still a virgin" situation and I'm happy with still being one actually, no STIs for me! Whooooop! :h:
Original post by ZuluK
Yeah but girls do that as well. For some reason we like to make the person who is attracted to us, work a bit harder in getting us. (Playing hard to get is one of the oldest games)

Sex is the easy bit, relationship is the harder part.

Just some value thing, and goes with the whole not wanting to get hurt thing . Oh well.
I think you are being a bit pessimistic and melodramatic yes. You're 20 for Christ sake, you'll probably live for at least another 60 years.
Reply 71
Original post by sr90

A lot of women. This whole experience thing is a myth, I've actually been told by someone before that they find guys who've never had any one an attractive prospect..
Original post by SA-1
A lot of women. This whole experience thing is a myth, I've actually been told by someone before that they find guys who've never had any one an attractive prospect..

My friends say the same but i'm a bit skeptical of their advice because they would just say what I want to hear. It's the reason why i'd never ask them for relationship advice even though they'd probably be able to help. They're all girls in long term relationships. I literally don't know another single person lol

Original post by ZuluK
Are you 25? Sorry I don't know your age. Someone would probably find that endearing. Myself it wouldn't matter if the guy had never been kissed or dated- I'd probably find that hot :colondollar:

It's just the matter of being in the right place right time (I know it's cliche and annoying) but it's true. :smile:

I'm nearly 25. Think part of the problem is that guys are expected to initiate things whereas i'm painfully shy. Even with my closest friends i'll never arrange to meet up or anything i'll always leave it for them. I was always too nervous to even plan something for my birthday because I was worried nobody would turn up. I'd be a complete mess on a date :lol:

I know loads of women, most people my age in this position can barely look a girl in the eye but it's the opposite for me.
Original post by sr90
My friends say the same but i'm a bit skeptical of their advice because they would just say what I want to hear. It's the reason why i'd never ask them for relationship advice even though they'd probably be able to help. They're all girls in long term relationships. I literally don't know another single person lol

I'm nearly 25. Think part of the problem is that guys are expected to initiate things whereas i'm painfully shy. Even with my closest friends i'll never arrange to meet up or anything i'll always leave it for them. I was always too nervous to even plan something for my birthday because I was worried nobody would turn up. I'd be a complete mess on a date :lol:

I know loads of women, most people my age in this position can barely look a girl in the eye but it's the opposite for me.

Well I'm a stranger on the internet who doesn't really care what you want to hear, or about you for that matter since I don't know you. To some girls an inexperience guy really is a turn on and something they like. For a lot it's something they really don't mind, and for others it's a turn off. But honestly, it's unlikely you'll be turned down because of it from the majority of women.
Reply 74
Original post by sr90

Well tbh, I don't have a reason to be lying to you about it.

PM me bro, if you feel like speaking about it..
Reply 75
Original post by sr90

Aw hun. That's the thing though. Guys shouldn't be expected to make the first move. I know it's easy to say 'be confident' but I don't actually know what to say. But on a date, I think you'd be fine as long as you were comfortable and relaxed.
Maybe ask the female Friends for advice because they know you in real life. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Original post by ZuluK
Aw hun. That's the thing though. Guys shouldn't be expected to make the first move. I know it's easy to say 'be confident' but I don't actually know what to say. But on a date, I think you'd be fine as long as you were comfortable and relaxed.
Maybe ask the female Friends for advice because they know you in real life. Sorry I couldn't help more.

have to agree, sometimes women also love making the first move. Shows the guy what she wants straight away - no mixed signals - just direct.

I just have a feeling (from my experience) it can be a turn on and also, scare guys away. But it really depends on the guy. Some love and always want to be in control..

But back to the main point, I think you need to find someone that matches you, so you both understand stuff to some extents. Might end up with another introvert woman. Which is cute because, you can go at your own pace and everything will kick off from there.
Original post by ZuluK

To be honest the only way I can see anything ever happening is if they made all the effort - which doesn't happen unless you look like David Beckham. I'm far too awkward to ever do anything myself. To put things into perspective, I went through 4 years of uni with none of my friends knowing when my birthday was because I was too scared to bring it up in conversation.
Darling you give loOoOove ... a bad name

:tongue:

I'll show myself out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending