The Student Room Group

Is being popular a turn off?

What's your opinion about guys who are popular (usually with females as well) ? Does it bother you?

As for me, i find it a turn off, probably because it's more of a challenge to stand out and get closer to him without looking like a side chick.

Or am I just weird for preferring guys with smaller groups ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I prefer a guy who is introverted and has no friends. I want to be his only friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by PusE
I prefer a guy who is introverted and has no friends. I want to be his only friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like his best friend. But, don't you also want him to be in tune with his manly side?
I just thing platonic friendships have the tendency of one having feelings for the other.
Reply 3
We all have our own preferences. I don't know if i'd call it a turn off but being popular isn't a quality i want in a partner.
I prefer a guy who's mysterious not someone who's popular with loads of friends. I want to be the one who gets to know him wel :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by Leftee
We all have our own preferences. I don't know if i'd call it a turn off but being popular isn't a quality i want in a partner.

I have to agree, just don't like having to work hard to share someone..if that makes sense.
I would want any boyfriend to have friends :erm:
Prefer loners tbh. Like moi.
Reply 8
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
I prefer a guy who's mysterious not someone who's popular with loads of friends. I want to be the one who gets to know him wel :colondollar:

Oh, cool. I have to agree with that. mysteriousness helps with the spark. Hehe, thanks for sharing :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Oh, cool. I have to agree with that. mysteriousness helps with the spark. Hehe, thanks for sharing :biggrin:

Boys that are mysterious are such a turn on ngl
:u: Your welcome :smile:
Reply 10
I have to agree, just don't like having to work hard to share someone..if that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense. :smile:
Reply 11
Like his best friend. But, don't you also want him to be in tune with his manly side?
I just thing platonic friendships have the tendency of one having feelings for the other.

I don't understand your comment. If I'm his only friend how does that make him un-manly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ILovePancakes
I would want any boyfriend to have friends :erm:

The question is how many? lol like do you want someone who is popular or someone who is slightly reserve?

Don't get me wrong, there is a difference with being friendly and having contacts but, this is based on popularity and distribution of oneself.
Original post by RainbowKiwi

Aww, cool. We attract the same kind. So you do you :biggrin:
The question is how many? lol like do you want someone who is popular or someone who is slightly reserve?

Don't get me wrong, there is a difference with being friendly and having contacts but, this is based on popularity and distribution of oneself.

People who are popular tend to be more confident and forward; on the whole I prefer this to an introverted nature.
Original post by PusE
I don't understand your comment. If I'm his only friend how does that make him un-manly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no i meant... sorry for assuming you are female. But i meant bromance time..allowing him to be a man and such with other fellow guy friends.
Reply 16
Original post by RainbowKiwi

They are more likely to be creepy.

But then again, I am too despite being sociable :colondollar:
Original post by ILovePancakes
People who are popular tend to be more confident and forward; on the whole I prefer this to an introverted nature.

I have to disagree with the comment about being confident and being popular. There are some people such as myself who are not "popular" but are extremely confident in oneself and know exactly what they are worth. I just think there is a misconception with popularity and confidence. And vice versa, there are some who put on "pretend confidence" and are extremely introvert when you REALLY get to know them.

But i agree with the preference thing :smile:
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Boys that are mysterious are such a turn on ngl
:u: Your welcome :smile:

Haha, cool that you think that
Original post by Leftee
It makes perfect sense. :smile:

Fab :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending