The Student Room Group

Who's been to the states?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grvcex97
Been to Vegas too many times and it gets old lol. Try and visit the San Francisco area if you do come to California - SF underrated. Everyone visits LA...

ah okay.
Reply 61
Original post by K.C
yes i went to virginia; it was ok

Virginia, yeah, not much to do there lol Besides D.C. it's not really a big tourist area.
Original post by JD1lla
Any experience of New Orleans?

I'm sure it's a nice place but only thing I associate with New Orleans is this episode of KN XD

[video="youtube;Onni4gmkS0Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onni4gmkS0Y[/video]
Reply 63
Original post by Student403
I'm sure it's a nice place but only thing I associate with New Orleans is this episode of KN XD

[video="youtube;Onni4gmkS0Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onni4gmkS0Y[/video]

Wtf man I didn't even have to click the video I just saw the thumbnail, I was literally watching this yesterday!
Reply 64
Original post by JD1lla
I took my ex on surprise trip to US. I spent months planning, worked my ass off to be able to afford it. Flew business class via British Airways and we went to

California (LA, San Diego) then stayed in a lovely five star hotel in Vegas. Saw the Grand Canyon and that, then flew to Ohio and visited Cedar Point. That big theme park with loads of rollercoasters and crap food. Then drove to Buffalo, Niagra etc to see The Falls, then to Mt Morris, NY. Visited Letchworth State Park. It's known as Grand Canyon of the East. It's all foresty and really nice. Several waterfalls. Then went to New York City. Our hotel was situated in Times Square. $800 for like 3 nights. Amazing. I've also visited San Fran (sorry I know the locals hate it being called this)

Was really romantic. Cost me many thousands. Broke up on our last day in NYC.

Aw that is so sweet. But sorry about how it ended... Glad you had a nice time though?

And yes, "San Fran" "Frisco"...makes us cringe.
Original post by JD1lla
Wtf man I didn't even have to click the video I just saw the thumbnail, I was literally watching this yesterday!

F***ing love this scene. Bloody brilliant hahaha
I lived in miami for 4months
Reply 67
Original post by homeland.lsw
NYC, Boston Washington, Vegas and Los Angeles
We drove through the East Coast cities that I mentioned, then took a plane to the west coast...
it was amazing!!!!

Glad you had a great time! Washington is my favorite place in the East Coast, NYC isn't my cup of tea. Don't see myself visiting again, unless I have to lol
Reply 68
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I'd like to keep my life , but thanks!

Spoiler

Ah you again...
Reply 69
Original post by Novascope
I went to New York when I was 11. It was pretty awesome. I'd like to go again to explore the city for myself and do more things I want to do, as when I first went I was obviously too young to go exploring on my own. We went for 2 weeks and stayed with family.

Going as an adult is so much more fun! Come to the West coast if you find it of interest
Reply 70
Original post by drowzee
I've been to the west coast, California specifically (LA and San Francisco), I've been to Las Vegas too. I loved it, but it felt like I was in oven! :biggrin:

Lots of characters in Vegas - what happens there, stays there lol Did you enjoy SF?
Glad you had a great time! Washington is my favorite place in the East Coast, NYC isn't my cup of tea. Don't see myself visiting again, unless I have to lol

You look a lot like Vanessa Hudgens!!!
Reply 72
Original post by driftawaay
i wanna go to NY, LA, SF

I hope you can! Recommend all those places(:
Reply 73
I've been to New York and DC. Loved them!

New York for the atmosphere, DC for the history.
Reply 74
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Went to NYC / Philadelphia / DC on a school trip a few years ago. Loved it, though prefer Canada :tongue:

Going back soon though - New York in January, then doing a roadtrip through the Canadian Rockies and down into the USA to Yellowstone in the summer. Can't wait!

Really want to go to Vegas. Me and the boyfriend have agreed to get married there (if we do) and just have a massive tack fest.

See the west coast if you get a chance. It's much different from the east coast.
Lots of characters in Vegas - what happens there, stays there lol Did you enjoy SF?

I was 10 at the time (in las vegas)..

11 at night, walking down the main strip and suddenly a clearly overweight man in a bra and panties comes out of some side street thing and starts cooing at me as I walk past, trying my hardest not to look.

Yeah. Vegas...
Reply 76
Original post by Ndella
I went to Rhode Island and New York to visit family. One good memory of mine going there was when I went trick or treating with my cousin. American sweets are something else :redface:

Not too much a fan of our sweets either...but then again I'm not a fan of sweets at all
Reply 77
Original post by Student403
Except Cadbury >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hershey's

Ok. Agreed. Cadbury trumps Hershey's.
Reply 78
Original post by JD1lla
Any experience of New Orleans?

Very festive and jazzy. Great and lively nightlife!
Reply 79
Original post by homeland.lsw
You look a lot like Vanessa Hudgens!!!

What a compliment! I don't see it, but thank you! haha

Quick Reply

Latest