The Student Room Group

Article: 12 memories for those that grew up in the 2000s

Scroll to see replies

2000s was when disney channel was good... how i miss suite life:colondollar: now kids be watching some 'dog with a blog' **** tf.
i miss the pick 'n' mix from Woolies :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 82
Or the portable CD players that only worked at a certain angle, and always skipped your favourite song!!!
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
2000s was when disney channel was good... how i miss suite life:colondollar: now kids be watching some 'dog with a blog' **** tf.

90's Disney Channel beats it even more, in general tv shows and movies and such peaked in the mid 90s and slowly went downhill, I mean I liked Lizzie Mcguire but I preferred 90s stuff as it started getting lazier writing with the characters using their latest technology like mobile phones rather than a plot that focused on everything but tech as a last resort.

That isn't just thef act I am older saying that as I watched kids shows till my mid 20's but kids shows shifted from kids proving they are as good as adults, to them being superior to adults.
Does anyone remember the disney channel back then? Those were the days... With That's So Raven, Recess, Kim Possible, Powerpuff Girls, Totally Spies!
Reply 85
Original post by Gandalf_TG
Does anyone remember the disney channel back then? Those were the days... With That's So Raven, Recess, Kim Possible, Powerpuff Girls, Totally Spies!

Totally Spies! And Powerpuff girls weren't Disney...
These were best times for me :smile: the kids growing up now are too involved with technology
Reply 87
Original post by bensonchambers
i miss the pick 'n' mix from Woolies :frown: :frown: :frown:

So do I - I now have to pay a fortune in Tesco!

Original post by Gandalf_TG

Ha! Yes! Also Nickelodeon back then (little bit later on but programs like Drake and Josh etc.)
Original post by Hashim123
YESSSS at Golden Axe. Used to play it on the cousin's old Megadrive. God Almighty.

So amazing! Loved it when they put out a game on Xbox which had all of the Megadrive games in one; straight on Golden Axe
Reply 89
The nostalgia :moon:
When gameboy still existed with games like Sonic and the original Mario bros game
And when they had the best TV shows, like the original Scooby-doo episodes and dysney channel shows (so much better than the new run-out of ideas ones they show these days)!!!
Nostalgia:eek:
Even though I was a teenager for much of the 00s, I loved Dick and Dom - I have a younger brother and sister which probably made me take fondly to it.
Original post by Glam_Girl_93
These were best times for me :smile: the kids growing up now are too involved with technology

I agree. It's so sad now. :frown:
Great days. I miss all that :L :frown:

Oh, and you forgot Mean Girls references 24/7 by the lasses at school... or was that just our school? loll
On ****
Original post by ivy.98
That was hell of a childhood :yep: and you can't forget about Tamagotchi

loool tamagotchi was the thing man, like me nd my mates would collect them LOOOOL and then
i cried when my pet thing died.. df
Original post by CoolCavy
aww i remember the pick n mix, woolworths was amazing :frown:
those scoobies and crazy frog were so annoying tho :biggrin:

even though i hardly count as a 90s kid (1998 here) i really feel sorry for those kids growing up today, ipads and smartphones and things just suck all of the imagination from life, bring back cardboard boxes and bionicles (not the hero factory-esq 2015 ones, the proper ones) :s-smilie:

EDIT: just realised it says 'noughties' not 90s :h:

Bionocle were the coolest
I rememer when everyone had gameboys and DS' looool i was addicted to Mario Kart
nd now u see like 10 yr olds with iphones and ipads
i actually had a decent childhood :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
yes!! nowadays all kids have are reality shows rather than good old cartoons on jetix like jakie chan, totally spies and tenn titans :moon: and jungle run was epic :biggrin:

I remember Jetix, Power Rangers SPD
David Tennant as Doctor Who

Quick Reply

Latest