The Student Room Group

Who's been to the states?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Student403
I was 10 at the time (in las vegas)..

11 at night, walking down the main strip and suddenly a clearly overweight man in a bra and panties comes out of some side street thing and starts cooing at me as I walk past, trying my hardest not to look.

Yeah. Vegas...

Just the normal, casual stuff going on there
Original post by grvcex97
Just the normal, casual stuff going on there

Considering the fact that I'd lived in conservative Middle Eastern territory for the last 5 years, it seemed 10x more wtf to me. :L
Reply 82
Original post by chantalc
ah okay.

If you're 21 in Vegas with good company, I guarantee you'll have a great time - probably won't remember much of it, though lol
If you're 21 in Vegas with good company, I guarantee you'll have a great time - probably won't remember much of it, though lol

yah, I'll probably go sometime :smile: looks fun
Original post by qwerty123A
I havent been yet but Im going next year to New York and maybe San Francisco next to my cousins. Even though Ive never been, I love the US (apart from the feds lool). Also want to visit LA but i'll see how it goes.

I live in the US in California near Los Angeles. I absolutely love San Francisco. If you can manage to get down and take a nice drive through Carmel you'll really enjoy it. Carmel is really beautiful.:smile:
Reply 85
Original post by elen90
I've been to New York and DC. Loved them!

New York for the atmosphere, DC for the history.

If you want to experience something new go to San Francisco/Santa Cruz or Seattle! I love D.C. too
Reply 86
Very festive and jazzy. Great and lively nightlife!

Anything like the Gaslamp Quarter?
Reply 87
Original post by JD1lla
Anything like the Gaslamp Quarter?

Yeah, they're quite similar
See the west coast if you get a chance. It's much different from the east coast.

Will be visiting Seattle on my roadtrip (: Would like to go further south, but don't have the time. Already have my holidays for the next few years planned, but would like to do it some day!
Reply 89
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Will be visiting Seattle on my roadtrip (: Would like to go further south, but don't have the time. Already have my holidays for the next few years planned, but would like to do it some day!

Yesss, finally someone who's going to Seattle! It is one of my favorite places ever. Make sure you not only go into the city, but go out into the forest and nature-y stuff to get the full PNW experience. Hope you have fun!
Ah you again...

Meanie :frown:
Went to San Francisco when I was about 4, don't remember anything except this being in awe of some random building with a dragon head that breathed out fake smoke every minute or so...
I have been to america several times and still hate it. I didn't go to visit though
Yes, lucky enough to have visited Flordia several times for the theme parks and New York once.
Reply 94
I was 10 at the time (in las vegas)..

11 at night, walking down the main strip and suddenly a clearly overweight man in a bra and panties comes out of some side street thing and starts cooing at me as I walk past, trying my hardest not to look.

Yeah. Vegas...

That could of been me. I'm sorry man...
Original post by JD1lla
That could of been me. I'm sorry man...

The guy was black :I
Reply 96
The guy was black :I

Yeah I get pretty messy on a night out. I've lost weight since though. Again apologies :wink:
Original post by JD1lla
Yeah I get pretty messy on a night out. I've lost weight since though. Again apologies :wink:

._.
Reply 98
._.

Nah i'm messin.

I don't coo at people.
Original post by JD1lla
Nah i'm messin.

I don't coo at people.

Ah. The cooing part is a no, then.

All the rest of it though... That you? :wink:

Quick Reply