The Student Room Group

should Infant Circumssion be banned?

Scroll to see replies

No it is fine to circumcize
Original post by toonervoustotalk
No and also it reduces the risk of infections

No, it actually doesn't. The potential health benefits came from a time when basic hygeine and bathing wasn't that common. Now with easy access to water, and (hopefully) regular washing, the reduction of risk become non-existent, and circumcision only provides a risk of complication during the procedure.

Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
Lol I'm sick and disgusting? I assume you hold the same feeling about piercing little girls ears too. I look forward to having more children 😊
Piercing little girls ears is different, because it's no where near as problematic or permanent. But I also agree parents should not be piercing the ears of new borns or toddlers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow this thread...

I had my son circumcised as a baby and NOT for religious reasons. The difference between male circumcision and fgm is the excruciating pain girls suffer during and after. Fgm takes the pleasure out of sex for women but I don't recall ever seeing that same effect on men. My son didn't even cry! I'd definitely do it for future sons unless I see compelling reasons not to. I'll be silently observing this thread...👀

Blog: www.thenubianrapunzel.com

So what? Do you want a medal because you managed to perpetrate this on your son despite not being blinded by a desire for a pleasant afterlife?

Your son is a very unlucky child to have been born to somebody who mutilated his genitals despite not seeing it as a way to follow some supreme entity's orders, failure to go through with which would result in eternal punishment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 63

By 4%, which is too small to justify the loss.

Removing the ears would reduce the risk of ear infections, so do you think we should allow parents to do that to children?
Original post by Oscar.
Well that would be against Judaism, I get that it's disgusting and unnecessary but it can't just be stopped like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Against Islam as well
Yes it should obviously be banned, how we still allow people to cut pieces off babies in the modern day is beyond me.
Reply 66
Lol I'm sick and disgusting? I assume you hold the same feeling about piercing little girls ears too. I look forward to having more children 😊
Such a shame what could have been a constructive topic is full of immature children.

piercing a girls ears doesn't have permanent damage, it doesn't stop the ears function and the hole can grow back.

No? Care to elaborate why the logic isn't identical?

It doesn't reduce the risk of infection for those of us who bathe regularly which, I hope, includes both of us and the majority of the people in this country.
Reply 68
Original post by footygirlx
My dad has, my brothers have and a lot of people i know have. They are fine ! haha. You are such a drama queen.

They never had the opportunity to know what they were meant to feel like. So again you haven't had it done so how can you saw i am over reacting.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
No, it actually doesn't. The potential health benefits came from a time when basic hygeine and bathing wasn't that common. Now with easy access to water, and (hopefully) regular washing, the reduction of risk become non-existent, and circumcision only provides a risk of complication during the procedure.

Ok i didnt know:h:
But my children would still be circumcised :smile: and if it gets banned in UK i will go somewhere to do it for my child by a specilist :smile:
Religious reasons? personal reasons? who gives a **** it barley makes any difference and has its pros and cons.
Original post by jamiep151
Yes it should obviously be banned, how we still allow people to cut pieces off babies in the modern day is beyond me.
Reply 71
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Against Islam as well

I always thought that but my Muslim friends told me Muslims don't need to be circumcised

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow this thread...

I had my son circumcised as a baby and NOT for religious reasons. The difference between male circumcision and fgm is the excruciating pain girls suffer during and after. Fgm takes the pleasure out of sex for women but I don't recall ever seeing that same effect on men. My son didn't even cry! I'd definitely do it for future sons unless I see compelling reasons not to. I'll be silently observing this thread...👀

That is pretty disgusting tbh, unless it's for medical reasons, you seem to be proud that you've had your son sexually mutilated. It's pretty pathetic that your childs father let you get away with this. I just hope your son doesn't become insecure about his penis when he grows up.

I strongly advise you to read these before you decide to mutilate any more babies
http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/goldman1/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201109/myths-about-circumcision-you-likely-believe
Original post by footygirlx
Religious reasons? personal reasons? who gives a **** it barley makes any difference and has its pros and cons.

So lets also let people cut off a baby girls genitals, she wont remember and and maybe the parents have personal reasons. Cutting babies up because the parents want to is sick.
Reply 74
Original post by Celebi899
You know when they were seeing the effects that circumcision had on the transmission of HIV they actually stopped the test and recommended everyone to get circumcised (to the test subjects) because it was so clearly effective in reducing the spread of it

the only thing to stop the spread of HIV is a condom
Ok i didnt know:h:
But my children would still be circumcised :smile: and if it gets banned in UK i will go somewhere to do it for my child by a specilist :smile:

Can I ask why you are so determined to have your children circumcised?
Original post by Oscar.
I always thought that but my Muslim friends told me Muslims don't need to be circumcised

Posted from TSR Mobile

No that's not right - it's an obligation for all Muslim parents to get their sons circumcised at an early age
Original post by saxsan4
By 4%, which is too small to justify the loss.

Removing the ears would reduce the risk of ear infections, so do you think we should allow parents to do that to children?

No because the pros outweigh the cons
Original post by Hydeman
No? Care to elaborate why the logic isn't identical?

It doesn't reduce the risk of infection for those of us who bathe regularly which, I hope, includes both of us and the majority of the people in this country.

Ok fair enough.
Is there any benefit of being uncumcised?
So Jewish and Muslim parents are sick. K lol
QUOTE=jamiep151;60171387]So lets also let people cut off a baby girls genitals, she wont remember and and maybe the parents have personal reasons. Cutting babies up because the parents want to is sick.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Can I ask why you are so determined to have your children circumcised?

Religious reasons:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending