The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Being opressed because of your race and not being able to marry even though there are civil partnerships is completely different.
Original post by SophieSmall
Segregation existed for a reason, and it was in place for years. Why did they have to go and change it?

Your logic is flawed.
ikr lol
Original post by saeed97
The irony of her calling people idiots.
Original post by footygirlx
Comparing gay rights issues to slavery, ffs.

Not really. She pointed out your reasoning was applicable to one for keeping slavery.
Reply 43
Sure. Not my business if two consenting adults want to be married. Pretty simple debate :smile:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
No, I hate stupid opinions.

You're not going to get very far in this world if you can't handle other people's opinions, whether you agree or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being opressed because of your race and not being able to marry even though there are civil partnerships is completely different.

The issues are different, but I applied the exact same logic you used to show how your logic is flawed. Just because something exists for a reason and just because it's been around for a while does not necessarily make it right or okay.
Comparing gay rights issues to slavery, ffs.

I didn't compare. I didn't say Gay rights is like slavery -_-

I said I'm sure they said the same thing about slavery. which they probably did.
Original post by elliemayxo
It has everything to do with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In what way? That's such a blunt answer
You're not going to get very far in this world if you can't handle other people's opinions, whether you agree or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And lol your not going to get far with your opinions :ahee:
Slavery violets someones basic human rights regardless of what a relgiious text may say. Being able to marry does not if there are civil partnerships avaliable.
Original post by United1892
Not really. She pointed out your reasoning was applicable to one for keeping slavery.
And lol your not going to get far with your opinions :ahee:

Maybe, but at least I have the ability to respect other people's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those challenge racists and homophobes for their bigotry usually get further in life than bigots stuck in 1800.
It has everything to do with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?
Original post by ravioliyears
In what way? That's such a blunt answer

I've explained this too many times on TSR. If God wanted gay men then he would of created two men instead of a man and a woman.

But guess what? A woman and a man were created because they can conceive, and it's the natural way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They did which is sad, but they are very different
I didn't compare. I didn't say Gay rights is like slavery -_-

I said I'm sure they said the same thing about slavery. which they probably did.
Maybe, but at least I have the ability to respect other people's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normal people don't respect bigotry.
Original post by driftawaay
Those challenge racists and homophobes for their bigotry usually get further in life than bigots stuck in 1800.

Hahaha, I'm not homophobic. I don't agree with homosexuals, it's not like I have anything against them I just disagree with the acts.

Grow up and stop labelling people as racist or homophobic just because you don't agree with their views.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why does it have to be changed when equality already exists.
Original post by SophieSmall
The issues are different, but I applied the exact same logic you used to show how your logic is flawed. Just because something exists for a reason and just because it's been around for a while does not necessarily make it right or okay.
Original post by driftawaay
Normal people don't respect bigotry.

Normal? What do you define as normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slavery violets someones basic human rights regardless of what a relgiious text may say. Being able to marry does not if there are civil partnerships avaliable.

Marriage is a human right.

Latest