The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elliemayxo
I've explained this too many times on TSR. If God wanted gay men then he would of created two men instead of a man and a woman.

Now I know why everyone was basically calling you a moron in that thread you made. :facepalm2:
Original post by footygirlx
Slavery violets someones basic human rights regardless of what a relgiious text may say. Being able to marry does not if there are civil partnerships avaliable.

The comment had nothing to do with slavery being similar to not allowing gay marriage, it was saying that an argument so generic that it can be applied to keeping pretty much anything isn't a good one.
According too?
Original post by SophieSmall
Marriage is a human right.
Original post by driftawaay
Now I know why everyone was basically calling you a moron in that thread you made. :facepalm2:

Well I'm so glad that you now have an understanding :smile:
Why does it have to be changed when equality already exists.

Well for one it has already been changed. Same sex marriage is now legal.
Secondly having it so same sex couples are segregated into a different category of "partnership" is not equality. Equality is allowing people the SAME rights, not similar rights because they're not allowed a legitimate marriage like the rest of us.
It has everything to do with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not really, and if thats the only reason you've got to back yourself up, it just proves that it makes 0 sense
According too?

Article 12 of the human rights act.
I've explained this too many times on TSR. If God wanted gay men then he would of created two men instead of a man and a woman.

But guess what? A woman and a man were created because they can conceive, and it's the natural way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it's not the matter of concieving, its about love and pasison for one another. Just because two people love each other, doesn't mean they have to concieve - children is not the answer for all happy and loving marriages.
Reply 68
The denial of same sex marriage was the last bastion of homophobia and discrimination. To see Ireland, a state traditionally rooted in the repressive ways of the Catholic Church, reject this discrimination showed that the tide has truly turned and can never go back. I am glad I have lived to see it.
Hahaha, I'm not homophobic. I don't agree with homosexuals, it's not like I have anything against them I just disagree with the acts.

That is what homophobia is.

Grow up and educate yourself. :h:

But guess what? A woman and a man were created because they can conceive, and it's the natural way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you believe we should stone homosexuals?
Do you believe that masturbation is a sin?
Do you think we shouldn't eat pork?
Do you only eat halal/kosher meat?
Normal? What do you define as normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

People who don't respect bigotry.
ikr lol

Lol you're an idiot HA HA
Original post by United1892
Do you believe we should stone homosexuals?
Do you believe that masturbation is a sin?
Do you think we shouldn't eat pork?
Do you only eat halal/kosher meat?

No to all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by driftawaay
People who don't respect bigotry.

Ohhh right ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieSmall
Article 12 of the human rights act.

But homophobes arent inclined to care about the human rights act, are they? they want the british bill of rights lmao
Just because i didnt agree with you doesnt make me an idiot :smile:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Lol you're an idiot HA HA

So you believe in what is written in the bible but only for certain parts?

Why do you pick these parts?
Original post by chantalc
not really, and if thats the only reason you've got to back yourself up, it just proves that it makes 0 sense

I've made my points very clear several times on this topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe, but at least I have the ability to respect other people's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't respect many opinions, that is just one of them. I don't have to respect your opinion. I don't respect opinions that discriminate against other people.

Latest

Trending

Trending