The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saxsan4
It doesn't harm anyone, Love is love and it is taking away rights from the LGBT community.

Your addiction to controversial threads is disturbing:s-smilie:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Because stupidity makes me laugh. :mmm:

Likewise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliemayxo
I was actually speaking to you. You can't seem to say a sentence without saying lmao or lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You said the one who's grammar is good (being the other person) and the one who uses lol a lot (meaning her). So...
No I don't those darn gays thinking they can just love and marry whoever they please, god how SICKENING.

For those who are sarcasm-proof, yes I do support it.
Why?

islamic fundamentalist
Well alot of people (much less so today) winced at sexual minorities getting married because they thought it would redefine the concept of marriage; that being between a man and a woman. The truth is, straight people ALREADY redefined what marriage was through the ages. It is now the legal union of two autonomous and equal individuals... that's it.

As for the 'fear' that the gay married couple down the road may affect a straight person's marriage, yeah... how?

"Oh darling, those two men are so in love down the street, it's hard to get an erection in these conditions. Oh how I hate love when it doesn't conform to the parameters with which I'm comfortable with."

"Oh absolutely darling, tea?"
I've made my points very clear several times on this topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Genuinely feel sorry for you, you're stuck in the like 1800's
Original post by driftawaay
islamic fundamentalist

Hmm I see.How sad.

I'm going to be here all night if I ask everyone about their discriminatory, pathetic, unnecassay and at times poisonous veiws. :s-smilie: but I can't help but feel curious...:redface:
Why?

Partly because of religious reasons, and partly because of people like driftawaay.

You're high fiving at the fact that you're disagreeing with two people who love each and want to get married?

Spoiler

It still surprises me that in 2015 there are people who think that same-sex marriage is bad because “It puts family values into risk” or whatever other stupid excuse.
For everyone saying that she should have the right to have her own opinion.

What would you say If I said that for me marriage between a black man and a black woman shouldn't be allowed?

Even better, I don't think that we should allow marriage between different nationalities.
Original post by HAnwar
Partly because of religious reasons, and partly because of people like driftawaay.

What do you mean by people like driftaway?
Reply 114
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Your addiction to controversial threads is disturbing:s-smilie:

its not when all my threads people agree with me!
Original post by HAnwar

Why? What did she do to make you hate all gay people and take away their right to get married to the person they love? Surely your just being a bit over-sensitive:biggrin:
Original post by saxsan4
its not when all my threads people agree with me!

Dw Hun you'll get people of the opposing opinion get used to it :smile:
Original post by HAnwar

You're lovely aren't you
Original post by driftawaay
Some people are just rotten and vile

I agree.
Original post by Danz123
Well alot of people (much less so today) winced at sexual minorities getting married because they thought it would redefine the concept of marriage; that being between a man and a woman. The truth is, straight people ALREADY redefined what marriage was through the ages. It is now the legal union of two autonomous and equal individuals... that's it.

As for the 'fear' that the gay married couple down the road may affect a straight person's marriage, yeah... how?

"Oh darling, those two men are so in love down the street, it's hard to get an erection in these conditions. Oh how I hate love when it doesn't conform to the parameters with which I'm comfortable with."

"Oh absolutely darling, tea?"

That was a good giggle, thanks :tongue:

It is pretty hilarious when people say "but that's not what the bible says" particularly women

Honey...the bible says you basically get sold into marriage and have no rights on the matter...oh and if you eat shrimp at the reception it's an abomination.

But the vast majority of religious people pick and choose what passages they will listen to. Because they have the audacity to think they know better than their god. And the bible is taken as the "word of god" so they are literally disregarding the word of god.

And that is why I cannot respect organised religion. It is full of hypocritical people who pick and choose.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest