Is being popular a turn off?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Haha, cool that you think that

Aww, cool. We attract the same kind. So you do you :biggrin:

Oh, I do do me, I do me good :sexface:
I have to disagree with the comment about being confident and being popular. There are some people such as myself who are not "popular" but are extremely confident in oneself and know exactly what they are worth. I just think there is a misconception with popularity and confidence. And vice versa, there are some who put on "pretend confidence" and are extremely introvert when you REALLY get to know them.

But i agree with the preference thing :smile:

Do you think you are as likely to put yourself forward as a "popular" person? I don't mean confidence as in confidence in yourself; I am introverted, but confident.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Oh, I do do me, I do me good :sexface:

Ayyy, good on you man!
Original post by kkboyk
They are more likely to be creepy.

But then again, I am too despite being sociable :colondollar:

Not complete loners, I guess I should have used the word introverted instead lel.

Am sure ur not as creepy as some peeps on here m8 :lol:
no i meant... sorry for assuming you are female. But i meant bromance time..allowing him to be a man and such with other fellow guy friends.

There aren't specific activities that a male must undergo in order to maintain their man-hood that themselves can only be done with other males.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Do you think you are as likely to put yourself forward as a "popular" person? I don't mean confidence as in confidence in yourself; I am introverted, but confident.

No, being confident i oneself doesn't make me popular haha. I have a small circle So, no, i would put myself as an introvert .
Reply 27
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Not complete loners, I guess I should have used the word introverted instead lel.

Am sure ur not as creepy as some peeps on here m8 :lol:

Well, I don't stalk girls or play with my fiddle stick after coming across a hot dp on tsr so yeah I guess :colondollar:
Original post by PusE
I prefer a guy who is introverted and has no friends. I want to be his only friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't help but feel that that it selfish in nature.

Why do you think that is?
Original post by TorpidPhil

There aren't specific activities that a male must undergo in order to maintain their man-hood that themselves can only be done with other males.

Fair enough, but just for clarification i meant bromance. Not sure if that is a specific activity .
Fair enough, but just for clarification i meant bromance. Not sure if that is a specific activity .

I really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

What even is bromance?

Why must a male have bromance in order to continue being manly?

You have a very queer conception of manliness.
Oh and to answer the OP. Actually, popularity does turn me off. Simply because if someone has loads of friends then they have no real friends and won't be able to handle the intensity with which I tend to prefer my relationships platonic or otherwise.

Plus it is indicative of them being extroverted, enjoying "nightlife", enjoying recreational drugs. All of which also turn me off.
Less popular. So that his friends won't come searching for him after I've been done with him.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Less popular. So that his friends won't come searching for him after I've been done with him.

LOL

I'm intrigued.
LOL

I'm intrigued.
That's what all my exes say when I mention my cellar. And the last thing as well.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
That's what all my exes say when I mention my cellar. And the last thing as well.

I don't mind a cellar ^_^
Depends what he's popular for. Yes if he's popular for sleeping around and no if he's popular for doing charity work. Bad example but yeah :biggrin:
Original post by Reader106
Depends what he's popular for. Yes if he's popular for sleeping around and no if he's popular for doing charity work. Bad example but yeah :biggrin:

What if he's popular with the ladies ?
Reply 38
I can't help but feel that that it selfish in nature.

Why do you think that is?

Why do I think you feel that it is selfish, or why do I think I feel that way? :tongue:

You know what I'm like. I'd rather have one person to myself, one person I can give everything to, show every side of me to etc. And I'd like to be treated the same way in return. I love the idea of two people who are complete loners, being loners together. They dont need anybody else because theyve got each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PusE
Why do I think you feel that it is selfish, or why do I think I feel that way? :tongue:

You know what I'm like. I'd rather have one person to myself, one person I can give everything to, show every side of me to etc. And I'd like to be treated the same way in return. I love the idea of two people who are complete loners, being loners together. They dont need anybody else because theyve got each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, erm, yeah both I guess but you answered it satisfactorily anyway :smile:

Well it does sound rather romantic I must admit. Ha.

Ahhh to be optimistic :daydreaming:

I dunno. I just thought the idea of wanting someone entirely to yourself was a little selfish. But, I mean, it's natural. Ideally I'd want that too I suppose - my partner to love me ceaselessly and nobody else, except I would also rather have friends too though other than her. And in that sense it feels unfair. I suppose I'm just not optimistic about the long term viability of this loner-loner relationship you have in mind :smile: It seems too likely that the loners would get bored of one another at some point and then both of their lives would become ****ed... I don't think those loners are still living full lives when they just have one another. It's very romantic for a week or so, but for all eternity? I dunno....... There's more to life :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending