The Student Room Group

should Infant Circumssion be banned?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Meat has many risks.. Heard of mad cow disease? I'm not even going to cite sources because there are thousands upon thousands of studies which present the many risks of consuming meat.

Secondly again how desperate are you in trying to make circumcision sound like the worst type of abuse possible. HOW CAN YOU COMPARE IT TO HAVING SEX WITH A CHILD? Does a child get scared psycologically having sex with a parent at a young age? YESSSSSS. This went too far. Terrible flawed analogy repeatedly being perpetuated by you is actually horrific...

Does a child get scared form male genital mutilation , yes!

you are what sensible people call an Idiot
Reply 161
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I'm torn.

On one part I'd say no, it's good for the infant because foreskin can have all sorts of things wrong with it, and without it, it's more hygienic and none of that 'one sec bae I need to pull my foreskin back' will happen

On the other hand, the child has absolutely no say in it. And if they did, they're probably too young to know the consequences of it.

My brothers were circumcised, and I remember it used to hurt me seeing them urinate and be in ABSOLUTE PAIN AND AGONY because their skin had not yet healed. I couldn't even stay and in the house while it was happening because I knew I'd start crying if I heard them scream. On the plus side, all is good now that it's healed and I know that they're clean down there. :dance>

it not cleaner, that has been debunked, foreskin is are natural protection from the glands drying out.
Reply 162
I'm torn.

Interesting choice of words

:teehee:

In all seriousness, I'm glad it's all healed n that!
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Does a child get scared psycologically having sex with a parent at a young age? YESSSSSS. This went too far. Terrible flawed analogy repeatedly being perpetuated by you is actually horrific...

As people have said numerous times on this thread, there are plenty of instances of men being psychologically scarred, distressed or upset about being circumcised as a child. It's even worse if they were circumcised at an older age. There are also numerous cases of men being physically scarred through complications in the procedure.

No, circumcision isn't the worse thing you can do to a child, nobody is saying it is. But it is mutilating a child.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by saxsan4
Does a child get scared form male genital mutilation , yes!

you are what sensible people call an Idiot

And you are what normal people with half a brain cell regard as an uneducated moron who compares males circumcision to child sex.
Reply 166
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Circumcised is much better IMO. Cleaner, more attractive and doesn't affect the guy when he's older

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes in YOUR view. Not the child so dont force your view on someone else.
Original post by saxsan4
it not cleaner, that has been debunked, foreskin is are natural protection from the glands drying out.

If you're not going to accept people's take on things, you shouldn't have made this thread at all.

Aside from that, do you believe that there any other cons of having foreskin removed apart from mental scarring (which is unlikely to occur because the child is / was young and is mostly likely to forget such an event occurred)?
It should be banned for any child. It has no known health benefits for those with a healthy penis, it is just non consensual mutilation.
I'm not saying we should ban it outright- obviously people should be able to make a choice when they turn 18 if they want it done or not, and obviously if they have medical issues that could ever cured by circumcision then it should be used. But cutting off a small child's foreskin without their consent should not be allowed.
Oh and just a thought
For those who are saying it 'shouldn't be banned because of religion', guess what? FGM is a religious practise in many cultures and I'm sure you'll agree that should be banned outright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saxsan4
yes in YOUR view. Not the child so dont force your view on someone else.

I never forced my opinion on anyone. I was purely stating my opinion like everyone else on this thread. I have quite a few friends who are circumcised and they're all glad they are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
If you're not going to accept people's take on things, you shouldn't have made this thread at all.

Aside from that, do you believe that there any other cons of having foreskin removed apart from mental scarring (which is unlikely to occur because the child is / was young and is mostly likely to forget such an event occurred)?

90% of nerve ending destroyed or removed
Drying out of the glands
and death
Original post by saxsan4
90% of nerve ending destroyed or removed
Drying out of the glands
and death

Right .. circumcised penises can still look and be healthy without the foreskin covering it. Plus you spend so much time pulling it back anyway so what's the difference if it was gone?

I'm yet to hear of the death one. I'm assuming that most deaths are from the infections caught from the open wound and poor maintaining of hygiene until it has healed, or loss of blood if not done properly and / or the person being allergic to the aesthetics the person who does circumcision gives them.
Reply 172
Right .. circumcised penises can still look and be healthy without the foreskin covering it. Plus you spend so much time pulling it back anyway so what's the difference if it was gone?

I'm yet to hear of the death one. I'm assuming that most deaths are from the infections caught from the open wound and poor maintaining of hygiene until it has healed, or loss of blood if not done properly and / or the person being allergic to the aesthetics the person who does circumcision gives them.

yes that is the deaths due of it. Unnecessary deaths imagine if your son died because of that. Secondly it takes 1 second to pull the foreskin back. the difference if its gone is that its in constant contact with air and cloths causing it to be dried and even less sensitive,
Original post by saxsan4
yes that is the deaths due of it. Unnecessary deaths imagine if your son died because of that. Secondly it takes 1 second to pull the foreskin back. the difference if its gone is that its in constant contact with air and cloths causing it to be dried and even less sensitive,

Yes, I understand risks come with it but it does with other things in life too. There are children who get violent allergic reactions to MMR vaccinations too, does this automatically mean that the parent shouldn't have taken the chance to protect their child when the opportunity was available to them? It happens to some, but not all.

Not everyone (those circumcised) complains about their penis being exposed to a little more air than normal. You've lost a little something, okay. You lose a little hair everyday, ok. You lose your sense of smell, ok. It won't drastically change their life.
Reply 174
Yes, I understand risks come with it but it does with other things in life too. There are children who get violent allergic reactions to MMR vaccinations too, does this automatically mean that the parent shouldn't have taken the chance to protect their child when the opportunity was available to them? It happens to some, but not all.

Not everyone (those circumcised) complains about their penis being exposed to a little more air than normal. You've lost a little something, okay. You lose a little hair everyday, ok. You lose your sense of smell, ok. It won't drastically change their life.

EVERYONE who has lost the foreskin looses sensitivity - fact
Circumcision has NO health benefits - Fact
MMR - has benefits that outweigh the risks - fact
Losing 90% of your nerves in an area is a drastic change for no benefit
No, in the long term it does no harm and can improve hygiene. I see no reason to ban it although I don't think it should be encouraged.

none of that 'one sec bae I need to pull my foreskin back' will happen

:rofl:
Yes, unless it would medically benefit the baby and no other option is viable.
Original post by saxsan4

You can not miss / seek to remember a feeling that you do not recall having.

MMR may have benefits that outweigh the risks, but the risks are still there aren't they?
Original post by saxsan4

It's not though.
Reply 179
Original post by United1892
It's not though.

what benefits then?

Quick Reply

Latest