The Student Room Group

should Infant Circumssion be banned?

Scroll to see replies

Beiber has the answer
Yes. Even if it's done due to religious reasons. Every single human has the freedom of religion. You don't have the "freedom" to dictate the religion of others, even if the "others" are your kids.
Original post by saxsan4
what benefits then?

It may reduce the risk of: developing a urinary tract infection (UTI), such as a bladder infection. getting some types of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as HIV and genital herpes
Original post by G8D
I know lots of infants who are engaging in unprotected sex.

Because the majority of infants don't grow up to have sex in later life, am I right! :rolleyes:
Original post by footygirlx
FGM violates stops a woman enjoying sex and has many health problems whereas circumcision doesnt.

Stop talking and making a fool of yourself
Original post by G8D
But no one is arguing against autonomous circumcision after (at least) the age of legal maturity, for religious reasons or otherwise.

However that would actually be incredibly painful.

Also it would still be a health benefit of doing it when the child was an infant.
There is no valid argument for it . Its without consent its just wrong.
Original post by G8D
So it's fine to inflict pain upon a child but it's not ok for someone to subject themselves to pain?

The pain for the child would be relatively minor in comparison. We inflict pain on them by giving them vacinations is that OK?
It's child abuse. It should have been banned years ago. If an uncirmcumcised person wants to get circumcised for health reasons or cos it looks better let them decide when they are old enough to know what's going on. This guy sums it up for me, when there are people that feel like this you know it has to be stopped.

Big up Davey.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Completely agree. It serves absolutely no medical benefit, and can lead to complications. If someone wants to go through the procedure when they are an adult (by which time there might be medical justification) then that is a different issue.

Are you serious? You're justifying mutilating a child's genitals because you think it looks better? Are you in favour of FGM as well?

Also, there are no health benefits.

How is it mutilation? -_- so dramatic. It's only the removal of foreskin. As someone mentioned, people do it for religious & hygiene purposes.
my friend is foreskin-free and he says that the ladies appreciate a nicely presented unit.
Original post by the bear
my friend is foreskin-free and he says that the ladies appreciate a nicely presented unit.

Not all of us like it, I personally prefer sex with a foreskin.
But it's not exactly a deal breaker for me.

But that doesn't really help with the issue of whether male circumcision is morally acceptable :tongue:
Original post by Oscar.
Well that would be against Judaism, I get that it's disgusting and unnecessary but it can't just be stopped like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

sure it can. why not?
Original post by G8D
Mutilate is literally derived from the Latin for 'cut off'.

You say people do it for those reasons. The important point is that they do it to others.

By definition, mutilation is to injure severely or disfigure. I don't see how make circumcision does that?

They do it to their own children! It's the parents choice. If done professionally, there's nothing wrong with it.
Original post by cherryred90s
How is it mutilation? -_- so dramatic. It's only the removal of foreskin. As someone mentioned, people do it for religious & hygiene purposes.

How if somebody cuts off your nose? Why is that mutilation? Or is it not? You'd be wrong if you answered the last question with a yes but at least you'd be consistent. :tongue:
By definition, mutilation is to injure severely or disfigure. I don't see how make circumcision does that?

They do it to their own children! It's the parents choice. If done professionally, there's nothing wrong with it.

Parents do not own their children. To argue otherwise might lead to you being the proverbial snake that grew so long that it bit itself (its 'tail') eventually. Let's put it like this:

They do it to their own children! It's the parents choice. If done professionally, there's nothing wrong with parents having sex with their children.

Not so agreeable now, is it? :tongue:
Original post by ivy.98
Yes. Even if it's done due to religious reasons. Every single human has the freedom of religion. You don't have the "freedom" to dictate the religion of others, even if the "others" are your kids.

It's not only for religious purposes. Also, it is completely within the parents rights to consent to any legal procedures for their child so if they choose to have their baby boy circumcised, so be it. Nobody is telling you to get your kid circumcised so you shouldn't be telling others
Original post by Hydeman
Parents do not own their children. To argue otherwise might lead to you being the proverbial snake that grew so long that it bit itself (its 'tail':wink: eventually. Let's put it like this:

They do it to their own children! It's the parents choice. If done professionally, there's nothing wrong with parents having sex with their children.

Not so agreeable now, is it? :tongue:

I didn't say parents own their children :s

the difference is, one act is legal whereas the other is not -_-
ffs next you'll say little girls shouldn't have their ears pierced....it really isn't a big deal at all
It's not only for religious purposes. Also, it is completely within the parents rights to consent to any legal procedures for their child so if they choose to have their baby boy circumcised, so be it. Nobody is telling you to get your kid circumcised so you shouldn't be telling others

But this whole thread is about whether circumcision should be legal. So arguing it is okay purely on the basis that is is legal is redundant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending