The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YA98
No not banned. I signed up for TSR today:smile:
Will you answer my question now?

No. Apparently you were not a member on here previously yet somehow you have a strong suspicion that I don't actually know what jihadism is. Interesting.

Bye
Original post by Mr JB
Everything inhibits the right of others. Thats what policy is all about, control. The policy of having to put my **** in the correct coloured bin is control and inhibits my ability to just throw whatever rubbish in one bin and get on with things. The policy of having garbage collections on Tuesday in my local area inhibits my ability to spend Monday night spread out on the couch constantly watching television, because I now have to take the rubbish out so that it can be collected in the morning. The policy of speed limits means that I cant just put my foot down on the motorway. Its all about control and making people fall in line. Welcome to the concept of institutions, regardless of whether they're religious, state or intertwined.

You're getting rights mixed up with abilities. As much as I wish that spending Monday nights sprawled across the sofa watching TV was an inherent right.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Hmm I see.How sad.

I'm going to be here all night if I ask everyone about their discriminatory, pathetic, unnecassay and at times poisonous veiws. :s-smilie: but I can't help but feel curious...:redface:

(After seeing your views, and the way you express them in written form)

you're like my female counterpart! :ahee::ahee::ahee:

Original post by HAnwar
Partly because of religious reasons, and partly because of people like driftawaay.

ouch, touché.

Original post by Pcabezas
It still surprises me that in 2015 there are people who think that same-sex marriage is bad because “It puts family values into risk” or whatever other stupid excuse.
For everyone saying that she should have the right to have her own opinion.

What would you say If I said that for me marriage between a black man and a black woman shouldn't be allowed?

Even better, I don't think that we should allow marriage between different nationalities.

Good one!

Original post by driftawaay
Because I hate jihadi loonies and she doesnt like my disapproval

Oooh ouch and touché again.
Original post by XcitingStuart
(After seeing your views, and the way you express them in written form)

you're like my female counterpart! :ahee::ahee::ahee:

:biggrin: Yeah? Thanks! I have always been fond of your posts too :tongue:
Reply 304
No. Apparently you were not a member on here previously yet somehow you have a strong suspicion that I don't actually know what jihadism is. Interesting.

Bye

No it's just the context you used it in when replying to Hanwar. Seems like you don't know what the true meaning is and doesn't help when you refuse to answer the question
Original post by YA98
No it's just the context you used it in when replying to Hanwar. Seems like you don't know what the true meaning is and doesn't help when you refuse to answer the question

Make sure you reply to other members and other threads as well just so you don't make it blindingly obvious that you are a dupe account
:biggrin: Yeah? Thanks! I have always been fond of your posts too :tongue:

I want a threesome with yall
Reply 307
Make sure you reply to other members and other threads as well just so you don't make it blindingly obvious that you are a dupe account

Just keep avoiding the question, thanks for proving my point. If you actually think I am a dupe account you could get one of the staff members to check?
Original post by YA98
Just keep avoiding the question, thanks for proving my point. If you actually think I am a dupe account you could get one of the staff members to check?

You really think I care about you that much? lol

Ignore listed. Try and be less obvious on your next account
Reply 309
You really think I care about you that much? lol

Ignore listed. Try and be less obvious on your next account

Yeah sure.
Funny how you oppose people for being against same-sex marriage but then you do the same thing they do but for religion.
I want a threesome with yall

Sure! Why not, it will be fun :tongue:
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Dw Hun you'll get people of the opposing opinion get used to it :smile:

It's not like everyone in this thread is agreeing with him anyway.

Original post by United1892
You're lovely aren't you

hahhahaha :laugh: :giggle:

Original post by Reader106
I don't support it but I don't care enough to protest against it.

Because....

Why?

Finish the sentence please.

I can quote plenty of people, and they'll all give you (albeit flawed and bull****) reasons. :frown::s-smilie:

Original post by Mathematicus65
No I do not support same-sex marriage, however I am perfectly okay with the idea of a civil partnership. As a Christian, a marriage is a holy religious ceremony and since in our faith a marriage is defined as the partnership of a man and woman, I think it is wrong to enforce change on the Christian faith since, after all, we are in a country in which we are allowed to practise religious free speech

You're talking about a Christian marriage.
We're talking about marriage.

Also civil partnerships create inequality.
(Even against opposite-sex couples! Opposite-sex couples can't get a civil partnership.)
(Also creates a "them and us" scenario, contributing to the divide in heteronormative and gay culture, and the stigma and homophobia.)

Original post by toonervoustotalk
^^

Maa, I'm disappointed with you.

Original post by elen90
Are you suggesting that the sole purpose of marriage is to have children?

As for whether it's natural - homosexual behaviour has been observed in approximately 1,500 species of animal.

It's like a lost cause. They are immune to our reasoning.

Original post by HAnwar
Throwing the word homophobe around 24/7 and resorting to insults when someone doesn't agree with her.

Edit: Lmao she's done it again.

I never said I hate gay people?
She has said vile stuff to me, I'm sure she'll enlighten you with it if you ask her.

Oh you don't know half the stuff she's said to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember you (although for the purpose of a veiled insult) extrapolated that to all gay people.
Sure! Why not, it will be fun :tongue:

are you gay/bi/straight?
Original post by saxsan4
It doesn't harm anyone, Love is love and it is taking away rights from the LGBT community.

If they want to do it, they should be allowed.

However, I don't see the point in marriage.
Original post by elliemayxo
No, I don't agree with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you care? I hardly know any Gay people and even if I did, them getting married would not change my life one bit. I couldn't give a **** if they got married or not, why would it be an issue for you? It is not like it is done in a church but rather a registry office. You should just say Yes and give them what they want, it is hardly an issue.
Original post by XcitingStuart

It's like a lost cause. They are immune to our reasoning.

We must have missed 'anti-reasoning vaccine' day:mute:

I'm going to bed before I spend another hour on this. Don't know why we bother :getmecoat:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by elen90
We must have missed 'anti-reasoning vaccine' day:mute:

I'm going to bed before I spend another hour talking to brick walls. Don't know why we bother :getmecoat:

Never try to reason the prejudice out of a man. It was not reasoned into him, and cannot be reasoned out. - Sydney Smith
Never try to reason the prejudice out of a man. It was not reasoned into him, and cannot be reasoned out. - Sydney Smith

That is so bloody true.
It's a shame this question is still being asked on a student forum based in one of the most LGBTQ-friendly countries on the planet. Nevertheless, it's good to see that the vast majority of the people voted "Yes" :yy:
Original post by saxsan4
It doesn't harm anyone, Love is love and it is taking away rights from the LGBT community.

Original post by chantalc
if two people love each other and want to get married, they should have every right to, what sex you are is totally irrelevant

So if I want to marry my cousin/brother is that ok? I am male, so are they, so no kids can be produced. I mean if "love is love" and if "two people love each other" is all that is needed why can't I marry into my family?

Because that is sick? People say the same about gay marriage.
Because the family might not like it? Families can be against gay marriage to, but in that case it is irrelevant.

If gay marriage is ok because two consenting adults love each other is all that matters, why can't I marry my family?

My view; Gay marriage should be allowed but the people who don't like it should not be forced to. Since when was it fair that gay people are allowed to be themselves but anti-gays can't?

Anti-gays should not discriminate against gays in jobs, housing, in public etc-these are civil rights. HOWEVER, in social settings they should be able to have their views without Nazis attacking them. Same goes for incest. Be free to do what you want, but others will be free to ostracise you.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/76/e4/e0/76e4e0acc88822e7d2eec34c00a16d70.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending