The Student Room Group

Worst places in UK to live

Scroll to see replies

Wolverhampton.

:colondollar:
London really :/ I live here but all the amazing stuff are super expensive :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
South East London.
All of up north.
Reply 64
Reading
Original post by ron_trns
London, most parts of it. Good place to go out and do things, horrible place to have to live and work.

Bit dramatic. Plenty of people (like myself) who survive perfectly fine as the working class in London.
Original post by Jewb
Grimsby

Rotherham

Scunthorpe

Bradford

Due to start work in Rotherham soon, hoping it's not that bad. :laugh:
Reply 67
Original post by ZuluK
Leicester or Birmingham or Luton or Bradford

Loool. why??
Original post by Novascope
All of up north.

Bit harsh isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dundee
Gloucester, the proverbial headstone of failed urban regeneration. If I had to live anywhere near the centre, I'd kill myself.
Original post by Hashim123
Norwich.

...And I haven't even been.

LOL, I go to university there. It's alright, I suppose it's a bit small, the main pain about it is getting there!
Original post by _Charlotte15
Bit harsh isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao I wasn't being serious.
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Yup.:u: But still your opinions false :h:. End off. I win.

An opinion cannot be wrong. An opinion is subjective.
I can't believe people are saying London lol. It is better than every other city in Britain and is more important than every other British city combined to our economy.
Reply 75
Original post by hoping4Astars
I can't believe people are saying London lol. It is better than every other city in Britain and is more important than every other British city combined to our economy.

It's a sh*^hole.

Stupidly expensive to live in, millions of people, and too many hipsters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coventry, last time I saw it the ENTIRETY was grey, also if it weren't for my parents telling me what it was like for them at uni then it would've been one of my firm choices because it's high ranking for my course.
In terms of hype, Manchester has to be up there. High crime, poor skyline and not a decent restaurant in sight.
Original post by Katty3
It's a sh*^hole.

Stupidly expensive to live in, millions of people, and too many hipsters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stupidly expensive? It is totally worth the money to live in one of the most vibrant, cosmopolitan and beautiful cities on the planet. Millions of people? Yeah, darn right, millions of talented, diverse people from all backgrounds and from all over the world. Too many hipsters? Hipsters are leading the way for gentrification which will improve formerly derelict neighbourhoods like Brixton into modern, desirable places to live,

It is one of only two Alpha++ global cites, along with New York, and combined with its rich history and culture, London can be considered a masterpiece, an artwork encompassing all the greatness of human civilisation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by hoping4Astars
Stupidly expensive? It is totally worth the money to live in one of the most vibrant, cosmopolitan and beautiful cities on the planet. Millions of people? Yeah, darn right, millions of talented, diverse people from all backgrounds and from all over the world. Too many hipsters? Hipsters are leading the way for gentrification which will improve formerly derelict neighbourhoods like Brixton into modern, desirable places to live,

It is one of only two Alpha++ global cites, along with New York, and combined with its rich history and culture, London can be considered a masterpiece, an artwork encompassing all the greatness of human civilisation.

Or I can say screw that and live in a hermitage. With floor to ceiling bookshelves. And a ladder on a track.

Not worth the extra costs of living there. Vibrant? I prefer peaceful.

Too many people for me to ever feel at home. A faceless mass of consumerism.

It's too busy. I prefer a slower pace of life.

There is a rich history in many other places. My favourite city of York, for example.

It's not great. You pay £600 a month for a room in a shared house. In many places you get a full house for that. A big one.

Gentrification isn't all good. It pushes people who have lived in an area for their entire lives out of it because they now can't afford to live there.

Hipsters think they're being creative and edgy when they're not. They all seem to dress in exactly the same way.

There are art galleries and museums all over the world. In many other parts of the country other than London. The Hepworth gallery, for example.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest