The Student Room Group

Worst places in UK to live

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily.97
An opinion cannot be wrong. An opinion is subjective.

well said
London with these prices
Reply 82
Original post by Oh no not again!
I concur, it's so multicultural and full of life, you wouldn't find this type of atmosphere, in most major cities.

Original post by somemightsay888
Walsall is dire, downright depressing

I slightly agree.... i find coventry quite depressing as well the many times i've visited but don't know if it's the worst place to live though....
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Leah910
I slightly agree.... i find coventry quite depressing as well the many times i've visited but don't if it's the worst place to live though lol

Coventry is depressing because it's mostly boring brown buildings, but there's at least some push to modernise and jazz it up a bit, Walsall would probably look better after being hit with a nuclear bomb :tongue:
Original post by somemightsay888
Coventry is depressing because it's mostly boring brown buildings, but there's at least some push to modernise and jazz it up a bit, Walsall would probably look better after being hit with a nuclear bomb :tongue:

haha... i don't think walsall is that bad i would rather live there than conventry any day....
I'm surprised not many people have said Birmingham....
Chelmsley Wood in particular
London, Hackney, Croydon, Lewisham, Southwark, Lambeth, Newham, Brent, Enfield, Luton, Bradford
Hull
Original post by titration
I'm surprised not many people have said Birmingham....
Chelmsley Wood in particular

Because Birmingham is beautiful. And it's probably because Birmingham is a massive city with many beautiful areas? If you mean Chelmsley Wood then specifically say Chelmsley Wood. That is not the whole of Birmingham. Surely you are not this ****ing thick? :rolleyes:
Most of the South West but Taunton especially
The cities.
Original post by curiousduck
subjective

i've lived here all my life and i dont think its the best

You're probably bored with it, I'd quite like to live in London but not for a long period of time
Original post by demx9

That's deep
Hmm the thread is a bit flawed. Like how is someone going to know where the worst place to live in the UK if they've not lived in a specific area? Would the answers not come from where they live already?
London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Yorkshire, the entire Midlands region, the entirety of the North, Scotland, and many other places.
Scotland, because of the loony SNP
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
The cities.

I agree. All of the major cities and towns.

I've lived in cities since I was born and lived in the countryside for the past year - there is a massive difference. It's easier to commute here (much less traffic), the roads are better kept,much less crime, much less anti-social behavior, much more community spirit, better surroundings, generally it feels much less tense and less stressful than city life. The rent is lower here which I find crazy - you can get a 2/3 bed house for £400p/m in a beautiful location whereas in my hometown the rents were £500+ for a flat in a grotty estate. People actually look at you and say 'good morning/afternoon' which was, as daft as it sounds, a shock to me at first because where I grew up no one looks people in the eye on the street.

If it wasn't for the fact that I need to go back to uni and need to move to the nearest uni city, then I wouldn't move from the countryside back to a city. Once I graduate I'm moving back to the countryside and commuting to work. City life and country life are worlds apart. If you want a peaceful life in the UK then get out of the cities.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chelseafreak
i don't know what that means

Maybe use urban dictionary?
Original post by ZuluK
Leicester or Birmingham or Luton or Bradford

Cities with a high percentage of Asians?

Quick Reply

Latest