Bacon as threat of causing cancer as smoking

Scroll to see replies

Everything is said to cause cancer these days, so keep calm and eat bacon
Original post by driftawaay
Everything is said to cause cancer these days, so keep calm and eat bacon

No it doesn't, soon there will be a ban

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
The only time you're safe from cancer is when you are dead. Move on OP.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by meenu89
The only time you can't get cancer is when you are dead. Move on OP.

Huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont care, its ****ing amazing
Seems like everything in some way is cancer causing. Heck, I thought this was a Daily Mail article.
I would sooner live another 50 years with bacon than to live 70 years without it.
Tbf, it's not just bacon, it's processed meat and the report is from the WHO not some crack-pot outfit.
Reply 9
Original post by uberteknik
Religion is a cancer and must be eradicated, starting with the most dangerous and insidious - Islam.

Islamaphobe detected.

Anyway how conveniant bacon is haraam :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uberteknik
Religion is a cancer and must be eradicated, starting with the most dangerous and insidious - Islam.

I feel like 'Religion' should be underlined there...

Either way, :thatescalatedquickly:
Reply 11
"Certainly Cancer Research UK's opinion is that eating red and processed meat isn't anywhere near as risky as smoking."

Everybody knows bacon isn't healthy, and? You could live forever if you gave up everything that makes you want to.
Original post by Hibzish
Islamaphobe detected.

Anyway how conveniant bacon is haraam :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The use of 'islamaphobe' is a lazy persons way of trying to silence criticism - without success.

A phobia is a fear. I don't fear religion, but I do pity those brainwashed by the most dangerous forms.
This is a report by the WHO, not some rubbish dug up by the Daily Mail, so it probably is worth paying attention to. However, if you read the article rather than stopping at the sensationalist title, it says that "the announcement from the WHO deals with how certain we can be - so it's how strong the evidence is rather than how big a risk red and processed meat might pose... processed meat isn't anywhere near as risky as smoking" so it's not as if they're suggesting that all meat eaters are going to start dropping like flies.
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
No it doesn't, soon there will be a ban

Posted from TSR Mobile

No there won't. If you don't want to eat pig because of a pre-medieval mythology then fine, but you're not going to force the rest of us to live by your restrictions.
my beloved bacon would never betray me is such a cruel way

NEVER!!!!!!!
Original post by Plagioclase
This is a report by the WHO, not some rubbish dug up by the Daily Mail, so it probably is worth paying attention to. However, if you read the article rather than stopping at the sensationalist title, it says that "the announcement from the WHO deals with how certain we can be - so it's how strong the evidence is rather than how big a risk red and processed meat might pose... processed meat isn't anywhere near as risky as smoking" so it's not as if they're suggesting that all meat eaters are going to start dropping like flies.

First reasonable response in this thread. The link between red meat/processed meat isn't that controversial, there has been plenty of research into it over the last few years, although the mechanism of action remains a little unexplained.It is just the link between red/processed meat and cancer is not as pronounced as smoking.

If I remember correctly, it tends to be seen in those who eat more than an average of 100g a day. The average Brit eats 70g. Most people have nothing to worry about.
Ha. I'll take the cancer.
Good to see chicken and Tuna not affected.
Original post by Quantex
First reasonable response in this thread.

Actually, mine was. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending