The Student Room Group

Bacon as threat of causing cancer as smoking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hibzish
You clearly were not criticing Islam but being a hater

Here is the definition of Islamaphobia:
noun

dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force
You were demonstrating this exceptionally :yy:

Let me repeat, Islamaphobe detected!
Posted from TSR Mobile

"Dislike of Islam as a political force".

If that is a valid definition of the word then the majority of the population in the developed democracies are Islamophobes, including many Moslems.
Original post by Good bloke
"Dislike of Islam as a political force".

If that is a valid definition of the word then the majority of the population in the developed democracies are Islamophobes, including many Moslems.

You try to challenge the definition and u cant even quote it correctly

'dislike of islam, especially as a political force.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hibzish
You try to challenge the definition and u cant even quote it correctly

'dislike of islam, especially as a political force.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your whole definition is not material, and I was not challenging it. I merely extracted the part (leaving it still coherent and logically correct) that illustrated how broad your definition is and how innocuous, commonplace and harmless Islamophobia must be if you use it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No there won't. If you don't want to eat pig because of a pre-medieval mythology then fine, but you're not going to force the rest of us to live by your restrictions.

You watch this is a sign. No more pork, bacon or ham. Eat the real meat (chicken, lamb and beef)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uberteknik
Religion is a cancer and must be eradicated, starting with the most dangerous and insidious - Islam.

Bad for you its growing rapidly and who knows one day you might be guided to the right path

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
Eat the real meat (chicken, lamb and beef)

You obviously do not understand the text you linked to, which makes it clear that (if there is any danger) red like beef meat is just as bad as bacon.
You obviously do not understand the text you linked to, which makes it clear that (if there is any danger) red like beef meat is just as bad as bacon.

I personally don't eat beef

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your whole definition is not material. I merely extracted the part (leaving it still coherent and logically correct) that illustrated how broad your definition is and how innocuous, commonplace and harmless Islamophobia must be if you use it.

Basically you sound smart inut but i don't know what you are talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hibzish
Basically u sound smart inut but i dnt know wht ur talkig about.

I'm sorry. My words were intended to be understood by someone of the meanest intelligence. I obviously got that wrong.

What don't you understand?
Firstly this thread is about Red Meat Not Religion so how about we actually talk about the topic of this thread

Secondly Sky News will Not stop me eating Bacon
Original post by hazzer1998
Firstly this thread is about Red Meat Not Religion so how about we actually talk about the topic of this thread

Secondly Sky News will Not stop me eating Bacon

Yes finally someone who has a brain. What if the government start putting bans on certain red meats and only a certain quantity is consumed until they fully ban or find a way around it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes finally someone who has a brain. What if the government start putting bans on certain red meats and only a certain quantity is consumed until they fully ban or find a way around it

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Government won't ban red meat , we are a country of freedom and individual liberty ( we can do and say ( and eat ) what we want ) . The government can offer recommend how much red meat to eat and how to cook it but ultimately will not ban red meat
I'm sorry. My words were intended to be understood by someone of the meanest intelligence. I obviously got that wrong.

What don't you understand?

I don't think a wide vocabulary is a measure of intelligence. Referring to a thesaurus every time you shoot a reply to someone isn't 'smart' by any means.
Original post by High Stakes
I don't think a wide vocabulary is a measure of intelligence. Referring to a thesaurus every time you shoot a reply to someone isn't 'smart' by any means.

Good for you. As it happens, I agree with both your points, though I do wonder why you have singled me out to tell me. I personally rarely consult a thesaurus. I'm unclear what words I have used in this thread you would consider to be part of an advanced or artificial vocabulary.
Worth it.
Original post by hazzer1998
The Government won't ban red meat , we are a country of freedom and individual liberty ( we can do and say ( and eat ) what we want ) . The government can offer recommend how much red meat to eat and how to cook it but ultimately will not ban red meat

Not if it's causing cancer. Health and safety always comes first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not if it's causing cancer. Health and safety always comes first

No it doesn't, at least not to the extent of banning its consumption. Tobacco and alcohol are far more dangerous than processed and red meat, yet they are not banned.
No it doesn't, at least not to the extent of banning its consumption. Tobacco and alcohol are far more dangerous than processed and red meat, yet they are not banned.

Don't act dumb, new laws are being implemented like smoking is illegal with a 5yr or under in car etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did think this thread was stupid at first, then when listening to the news I realised them say processed meat which is yano.. different to just "bacon".

And considering it is from the WHO there is bound to be at least some merit to this.
Fun Fact - studies show that 100% of life forms on earth die.
Fun Fact - studies show that the majority of people who have cancer have at some point in their lives eaten meat.

Quick Reply

Latest