The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sebe0062
as a christian i support it 100% you can marry the same sex, a goat, a cow and anything you want.

But in my own personal opinion, gay sex is wierd and disgusting and i wouldnt want to witness it or have someone talk about it near me.
apart from that each to their own :smile:

gay sex... :huff: I give up for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by driftawaay
That is what homophobia is.

Grow up and educate yourself. :h:

Whats wrong with her expressing her view?

I don't support homo marriages either. They are lots of people like me who don't support that but scared of being labelled homophobic.

I DO NOT SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALS MARRYING.
Original post by bardnnyc

I don't support homo marriages either. They are lots of people like me who don't support that but scared of being labelled homophobic.

You make it so forceful as if it affects your personal life.

Get a life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sebe0062
as a christian i support it 100% you can marry the same sex, a goat, a cow and anything you want.

I hate it when people say that.

As an atheist I support equal marriage so even opposite-sex couples can marry; you can marry the opposite-sex, a goat, a cow and anything you want.

:rolleyes:
Original post by *Stefan*
You make it so forceful as if it affects your personal life.

Get a life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does not change my stance. I DO NOT SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALS MARRYING EACH OTHER.

Get a life too, you need it more.
Original post by XcitingStuart
gay sex... :huff: I give up for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Twisted.

Can I ask why? There doesn't seem to be any reason to not let them marry.
Original post by Farm_Ecology

Good luck trying to get any sort of reasonable response.
Original post by Farm_Ecology

The main reason is that homosexual relationships offend God. Leviticus 20:13 says that if a man sleeps with a an both of them have done what is detestable. God has intended marriage to be between a man and a woman only. This is because marriage is intended to maintain a sexual relationship that is needed for the upbringing of a successful family. A man and a man can never create their own offspring and their relationship will never be approved by God. By legalising gay marriage, we are turning our backs to God and instead we are following our own laws instead of those coming from our Creator.
Original post by SophieSmall
Good luck trying to get any sort of reasonable response.

People who disapprove of gay marriage are not unreasonable or hateful. I could say the same for people who approve of gay marriage.
WThey are lots of people like me who don't support that but scared of being labelled homophobic.

Good. You will be label homophobic because you are
Original post by hoping4Astars
The main reason is that homosexual relationships offend God.

Then let him come on this tread and tell us this is the case.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Then let him come on this tread and tell us this is the case.

He has already told us through the Bible.

Romans 1:26-0
Leviticus 10:23
He has already told us through the Bible.

Romans 1:26-0
Leviticus 10:23

But that's second hand opinion and WWJD

when he comes on the thread and says this is the case I'll listen till then his 'messengers' can do one
Original post by BaconandSauce
But that's second hand opinion and WWJD

when he comes on the thread and says this is the case I'll listen till then his 'messengers' can do one

Do you really expect the Lord himself to create an account on TSR, come on this thread and waste his valuable time on you? Lol
Do you really expect the Lord himself to create an account on TSR, come on this thread and waste his valuable time on you? Lol

Yes I do.

It would after all remove all of the confusion the religious types have over this
People who disapprove of gay marriage are not unreasonable or hateful. I could say the same for people who approve of gay marriage.

I've yet to be given a legitimate reason as to why same sex couples should be denied the human right to marry.Despite this being a country with a seperation of church and state and non religious civil marriages in no way effecting the rights, freedoms or religion of other people.

But sure, they are so reasonable.
Original post by SophieSmall
I've yet to be given a legitimate reason as to why same sex couples should be denied the human right to marry.Despite this being a country with a seperation of church and state and non religious civil marriages in no way effecting the rights, freedoms or religion of other people.

But sure, they are so reasonable.

Marriage is ordained by God. God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman. A man being in a relationship with a man is unnatural and sinful. And I am the one being unreasonable (!)
Reply 358
Don't agree it but its up to person
Marriage is ordained by God. God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman. A man being in a relationship with a man is unnatural and sinful. And I am the one being unreasonable (!)

As has been said many times in this thread. The concept of marriage pre-dates christianity, and in fact same sex marriage pre-dates christianity.

Your religion should not dicate the lives of others. Only those who CHOOSE to follow the religion should have to follow it.

Latest

Trending

Trending