The Student Room Group

dilemma

Okay so I have been friends with my best friend (who is male) ever since about Year 10. I'm now in year 12 and it's only been now that I've realised I like him more than a friend and want to take it further.

Somehow, he found out I like him and sent me a massive paragraph on Facebook Messenger with the answer being a no because he didn't want to rush into a new relationship due to him losing his other best friends (who was his girlfriend). Like he never said I was unattractive or anything (which is what I've got whenever else I've tried to get with a boy and that put me off for a couple years - like I haven't asked anyone for like 2-3 years.)

So now, I'm tempted to try again in a short while - perhaps next summer or something like that. Is this wise or should I just leave it? I really like him and even my other friend (who is female) says we'd make a cute couple.

Any advice would be really helpful. I'm kinda a dummy with relationships as I've never been in a serious one (for reasons stated above).
He's either not interested in you or he's playing hard to get. Either way, best to leave it. There are literally millions of other guys out there. You're a girl, it's very easy for you to find a guy, all you have to do is walk outside and stand/sit somewhere for a bit and guys will approach you, easy.
Reply 2
Original post by That 2Fase
He's either not interested in you or he's playing hard to get. Either way, best to leave it. There are literally millions of other guys out there. You're a girl, it's very easy for you to find a guy, all you have to do is walk outside and stand/sit somewhere for a bit and guys will approach you, easy.

Idk though... because otherwise surely I'd have a guy by now? Like no one's ever said to me you're attractive or approached me. Sigh.
Reply 3
Anyone else got any suggestions???? Bump!
Reply 4
Next summer is not a short while imo lol, who knows what may have changed by then.

Quick Reply

Latest