The Student Room Group

Is it racist if you won't date some races?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XcitingStuart

From my previous experience, I can safely assume/presume / extrapolate that to the entirety of the black population.

Cool mate you're racist
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Cool mate you're racist

Get lost, logic dictates I'm clearly not.
Cool mate you're racist

So if you're not attracted to the same sex, are you homophobic?

Logic prevails.

white families abhor the idea of mixing with muslims, w

Muslim is not a race.
Tell me if this guy is racist

[video="youtube;oLdX3SGj2bM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdX3SGj2bM[/video]
Original post by XcitingStuart
So if you're not attracted to the same sex, are you homophobic?

Logic prevails.

Logic escapes you. Homosexuality is determined by your biology. Attraction to races is determined by socierlty, which just happens to be racist, you racist scum
Original post by driftawaay
Muslim is not a race.

Fine people of Arabic descent. You get mah point lass
I don't think it is.
I try to embrace everyone despite their differences, but I cannot help not being attracted to a certain race.. And even then there are exceptions.
Original post by Gambit92
Yes it is.

Date your sister if you want your kids to look like you.

**** off with your PC crap
Logic escapes you. Homosexuality is determined by your biology. Attraction to races is determined by socierlty, which just happens to be racist, you racist scum

Do you have a single shred of proof for this?

I always thought we were attracted to people we're genetically compatible with. I very, very rarely find people from the indian sub-continent attractive. Maybe my genes just wouldn't mix well with most of them?
Fine people of Arabic descent. You get mah point lass

No, you said Muslims. If people dont want their child to date an Arab its because the person is Muslim, not because of their race. Parents wouldnt mind their child marrying a non-Muslim Arab. If they do, thats racist.
Original post by Dheorl

I always thought we were attracted to people we're genetically compatible with. I very, very rarely find people from the indian sub-continent attractive. Maybe my genes just wouldn't mix well with most of them?

And that, kids, was some Science.
Original post by driftawaay
No, you said Muslims. If people dont want their child to date an Arab its because the person is Muslim, not because of their race. Parents wouldnt mind their child marrying a non-Muslim Arab. If they do, thats racist.

Youre young. Dont fear the force. Dont fear the reaper
Original post by Dheorl

Could have sworn there was evidence of the gay gene

who knows india is vastly different withe people of different skin tones etc im not saying you have to be attracted to every indian person you come across, im saying you shouldnt dismiss the whole race as unattractive because who knows what could happen in the future
To dismiss any race of people as unattractive is racist lmao, preference is preferring not ruling out!
Could have sworn there was evidence of the gay gene

who knows india is vastly different withe people of different skin tones etc im not saying you have to be attracted to every indian person you come across, im saying you shouldnt dismiss the whole race as unattractive because who knows what could happen in the future

I don't dismiss them. I wouldn't call someone unattractive because I've heard their indian without seeing them (although if someone asked me if I wanted to go on a date with an indian girl I'd be more likely to say no just because of past experience of attractiveness). I'm just saying out of the hundreds, if not thousands I've seen in my life, I can count the number I've found attractive on my fingers.

I wasn't arguing against being gay being genetic, I was saying according to the science of attraction I've heard, not liking a particular race is also likely in a way genetic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Innocent but classic line "I'm not racist but I wouldn't date a black guy"

http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/11/racial-preferences-are-racist/ Have a read of this. You might have preferences but I think that having an open mind can go along way. People everywhere are always surprised at new people they like, regardless of race. I have heard things like "I don't go for blondes usually but I really like her". If you have an open mind, there are even more beautiful fish in the sea.
Original post by lizfairy
Innocent but classic line "I'm not racist but I wouldn't date a black guy"

http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/11/racial-preferences-are-racist/ Have a read of this. You might have preferences but I think that having an open mind can go along way. People everywhere are always surprised at new people they like, regardless of race. I have heard things like "I don't go for blondes usually but I really like her". If you have an open mind, there are even more beautiful fish in the sea.

Do you think people should have an open mind about orientation as well? Would you go on a date with someone who isn't your usual sexual preference on the off chance you may like them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending