The Student Room Group

Physics EPQ project

Hi there,
I'm doing an EPQ research project on dark matter, particularly its possible applications and potential importance. I was just wondering if there are any experiements I can do that are even remotely linked to this topic?

Please help!
Original post by kennz
Hi there,
I'm doing an EPQ research project on dark matter, particularly its possible applications and potential importance. I was just wondering if there are any experiements I can do that are even remotely linked to this topic?

Please help!
If you can think of an experiment and then execute it, that confirms the existence of dark matter and its composition, then a Nobel prize is yours for the taking.

Good luck!
Reply 2
My guess would be reinventing Ernest Rutheford experiments, using latest technologies such as UWB scanning procedures.
You need to analyze quanta radiation and quantum gravitational field.
The way you may improve this experiment would be by creating Einsteinian Geometrical environment in spacial-time structure.
You may also send spiral beams for investigation, try different geometrical transmission using magnetic fields.

Hope this help good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
As interesting as it sounds, why do you want to do an experiment on it? Why not just a written dissertation.
Reply 4
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
As interesting as it sounds, why do you want to do an experiment on it? Why not just a written dissertation.

That is what I'm doing, but some evidence of me trying to get any sort of data would take it to a whole new level!
Reply 5
Original post by uberteknik
If you can think of an experiment and then execute it, that confirms the existence of dark matter and its composition, then a Nobel prize is yours for the taking.

Good luck!

Haha, thanks for the kind words, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need a particle accelerator of some kind!
Reply 6
Original post by jsMath
My guess would be reinventing Ernest Rutheford experiments, using latest technologies such as UWB scanning procedures.
You need to analyze quanta radiation and quantum gravitational field.
The way you may improve this experiment would be by creating Einsteinian Geometry environment in spacial-time structure.
You may also send spiral beams for investigatigation, try different geometrical transmission using magnetic fields.

Hope this help good luck!

I think I can understand what you've suggested? I'm getting the vibe that I need to refine areas of physics whilst inventing new ones, all before going to uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest