The Student Room Group

Should Cannabis be legalised?

Poll

Should cannabis be legalised?

Proven to have health benefits, kills 0 people a year, its not addictive, why is it still illegal yet cigarettes are legal?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, it should 100%. The less the government are intruding into our lives the better. :P
The reason why, was explained in Pineapple Express.
Unquestionably. It should be taken out of the hands of criminals and taxed.
Absolutely. Canada are looking at it, Mexico are discussing it in their Supreme Court. America are looking at it on state levels. The UK are so far behind it's sad.
Reply 5
Original post by jacobbannier
Absolutely. Canada are looking at it, Mexico are discussing it in their Supreme Court. America are looking at it on state levels. The UK are so far behind it's sad.

UKIp and the Lib dems would legalise it
Reply 6
Yes, but mainly to annoy the tobacco companies.
Technically it does occasionally kill people with heart problems, but regardless, yes it should definitely be legal.
Original post by WokSz
Yes, but mainly to annoy the tobacco companies.

But it would boost tobacco sale though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep.
Reply 10
Original post by DiddyDec
But it would boost tobacco sale though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stand corrected. I assumed tobacco would see a drop in sales but apparently not: http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-02-20/big-tobacco-s-future-big-pot
I am definitely not one to smoke it, and I hate being near cannabis or tobacco when it's being smoked, but I think it should be made legal and taxed
Original post by saxsan4
UKIp would legalise it

No, UKIP would maintain the law as it stands, or worse:

Nigel Farage

UKIP as a party takes the same view as Hitchens, that we haven't really enforced the law properly and that we have to get generally tougher.
Almost all of the arguments used for keeping it illegal could also be applied to alcohol, tobacco and fast food. And would probably make stronger arguments when used against those things than they do with cannabis.

So yes, it should be legal.
Yes, it should be legal to blaze dank kush :bandit:
Yes it should be legalised however let's be serious here. It does cause some deaths although a tiny amount and it is addictive. Not physically addictive but it is mentally addictive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by DiddyDec
Yes it should be legalised however let's be serious here. It does cause some deaths although a tiny amount and it is addictive. Not physically addictive but it is mentally addictive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anything can be 'mentally' addictive.
Reply 17
All your polls are 'yes' or 'NO!!!!' lol

'Proven to have health benefits' is a bit of an extreme. There is some research to suggest it's an effective painkiller and reduces the rate at which cancer cells spread or something like that. It's not a miracle cure for pain/cancer. Vaping it is a better idea. Now I just wanna hit up a hench bong and lay on a bean bag all day. With Wiliam Walker. On his bean bag. Ball Bag.
Original post by JD1lla
Anything can be 'mentally' addictive.

Yes it can. But cannabis is particularly addictive in this sense and can easily turn a recreational user into a habitual user. But with taxation we would be able to fund treatment programmes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
It's funny how in the thread about smoking (tobacco) a large majority said that it should be banned; and here everyone says cannabis should be legalised. I mean obviously they aren't the same, one is more detrimental to health than the other, but it seems that people like to use arguments like "the government shouldn't intrude so much" and "it would reduce crime" for legalizing marijuana but when it comes to tobacco the same people go "the government needs to intrude" and don't seem to care about the black market that would be created...

But yeah, I think cannabis should be legalised. No good reason to keep it illegal really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending