The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah cool, History and English for me! Yeah, I'm just trying to read around what I'm doing in class as much as I can and trying to think about how I could apply different bits of information to different questions. Lucky, I haven't given any of my practice ones to my teachers-bit late now! :biggrin:

I'd love to even to get to interview! Pembroke college, what about you?
Original post by anonlad
That's fine! I've seen people get offers with lower grades than that, but I think the school you went to is quite important (for contextualising the grades). Deffo worth applying though, and you stand every chance if your LNAT and interview performance are strong as they really are the most important factors.
I got 10A* at GCSE and AAAC at AS

That's reassuring, thanks! And to be fair, my secondary school was pretty abysmal so hopefully they'll be sympathetic aha
Don't worry, we exist ! :biggrin: English and French over here
Got my Christ Church acknowledgement!
Any Brasenose PPEists?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got ChCH acknowledgement, fairly scary :eek:
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
We've just read your query .Brasenose asks that each piece of work is one pdf, so that a candidate needing to submit three pieces should submit three pdfs (each would include the cover sheet).We called Hertford: they want just one pdf for each candidate, so a candidate needing to submit three pieces would need to submit all three plus cover sheets as one pdf file.

Ah that's wonderful, thank you! <3
Original post by OxSarah
I took 10 days off school,starting from today :biggrin: My plans are to revise scientific subjects from 8 am to 1 pm and do practice questions from 3 pm to 7/8 pm (it depends on how tired I am :biggrin: )

Wow, why are you doing that? Are school letting you
And same I might need to take some days off school!
Good luck
applied to new college for law! international student, reallllyyy nervous. haven't gotten my acknowledgment yet ;-; do they send those to everyone or do people get cut?
Original post by ilovecake123
Wow, why are you doing that? Are school letting you
And same I might need to take some days off school!
Good luck

Yes they let us take some days off if we have important events such as this one.For me it's a chance to focus better on the upcoming test without stressing too much on other commitments :smile:
Original post by marvellousminty
Any Brasenose PPEists?

aye.
Original post by OxSarah
Yes they let us take some days off if we have important events such as this one.For me it's a chance to focus better on the upcoming test without stressing too much on other commitments :smile:

Im so stressed so much to do in such little time!
How much have you revised?
Original post by OxSarah

Ah, I wish the American system were as generous! My applications to American universities are due November 1, and I wish the school would give all Year 12 students this week off to work on them!!
I received the email from Oriel asking for written work on Thursday evening and sent it off first thing Friday morning. Should I expect a confirmation email to say they've got it?
Original post by ilovecake123
Im so stressed so much to do in such little time!
How much have you revised?

I've been studying for so long but consider that I was also involved in other committments during these months.
Anyway I feel well prepared for Section 2 but I need to improve my score in the first one.
Original post by lizzy2016
Ah, I wish the American system were as generous! My applications to American universities are due November 1, and I wish the school would give all Year 12 students this week off to work on them!!

Why don't you ask them at least to free you from homework?I've been so stressed in the last two months so I can imagine how you feel at the moment :smile:
Guys I got my acknowledgement letter from Christ Church :smile:
Got the acknowledgement from Christ Church! However, they want scanned pdf files as written work, I thought we had to post it?
Original post by OxSarah
I've been studying for so long but consider that I was also involved in other committments during these months.
Anyway I feel well prepared for Section 2 but I need to improve my score in the first one.

I'm actually having my school exams right now (International student) and have the BMAT at the same time as one of my exams - had to call the office and postpone my exam :/ Pretty stressed cos of the other 8 exams (6 left!!!) to prepare for :P Good luck for BMAT! I'm pretty good with Section 1 but keep fluctuating in Section 2 :/ Applied to Mag and received my acknowledgement today :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tehtarik
I'm actually having my school exams right now (International student) and have the BMAT at the same time as one of my exams - had to call the office and postpone my exam :/ Pretty stressed cos of the other 8 exams (6 left!!!) to prepare for :P Good luck for BMAT! I'm pretty good with Section 1 but keep fluctuating in Section 2 :/ Applied to Mag and received my acknowledgement today :s-smilie:

Oh God!I'm an international student too but fortunately my final examination is between June and July (it's divided in 4 sections) so I have plenty of time for it.
How can you feel comfortable with section one?Some questions take too much time for me :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending