The Student Room Group

Can't decide if it's a man crush or if I fancy him

So there's this guy at my sixth form, and he is literally the most outgoing person I've ever met, he is so charismatic, charming, really banterous, he has a soft side to his personality (like he's not afraid to gush and show some emotion) which is actually kinda cute. He is kind of attractive, but not drop-dead model gorgeous and he's quite muscular, so probably about a 7/10 - his personality is like an 1000/10 though. He is the most amazing person ever basically, and I feel really lucky to have met him and make friends with him, I think about him all the time and I even sometimes get distracted in class thinking of him. I also feel more inclined to be more touchy feely towards him than other guys which I think is a bit odd.

I think I am gay but slightly bi (NOT because of the above situation; known I was not straight since age 13, before I even met him) but here's the weird thing:
He is straight and has a gf, and I don't feel an ounce of jealousy for her, and I don't feel heartbroken that he is straight. I'm not nervous around him, and although there are parts of him that I notice sexually (he has a nice arse and body) I don't feel infatuated with him in a sexual way, but unlike other boys, I suddenly feel so elated in his presence.

There might be things I forgot to mention, but I just really want to know what this means. I kind of really don't want to fancy him because he is straight and I don't want to lose him as a friend since I feel he's a rare breed and I love him to bits.

I literally can't tell anyone this because I'm closeted (have other personal unrelated **** to get through before I even think about coming out). So I thought asking stranger's opinions anonymously would be best. I've never heard anyone in my situation and I've certainly never heard of a gay guy having a 'man crush', so yeah.
You might just find him attractive, doesn't mean you fancy him or want to be with him. If you're not bothered that he won't return any feelings for you then that's probably it. Enjoy the eye candy without having any strings attached.
Reply 2
Original post by bellalalaxo
You might just find him attractive, doesn't mean you fancy him or want to be with him. If you're not bothered that he won't return any feelings for you then that's probably it. Enjoy the eye candy without having any strings attached.

You're probably right, but don't you think it's a little strange that he's on my mind literally all the time, I've never been that emotionally attached to someone before.
There are guys I think are attractive but I don't think about them all the time, and I'm not emotionally attached to them either.
Original post by Anonymous
You're probably right, but don't you think it's a little strange that he's on my mind literally all the time, I've never been that emotionally attached to someone before.
There are guys I think are attractive but I don't think about them all the time, and I'm not emotionally attached to them either.

I didn't think of that, sorry >.< You could fancy him but not want to do anything about it since he's straight. I'm not sure I mean look at all these people having crushes on celebrities, they think of them all the time but don't go crazy about it.. (unless they're 12 that is)

Honestly try not to let this get to you too much. Sexuality is confusing and if it's not causing a huge problem (as in you're craaazy about him and don't know what to do) just go with it until you figure it out
Reply 4
I didn't think of that, sorry >.< You could fancy him but not want to do anything about it since he's straight. I'm not sure I mean look at all these people having crushes on celebrities, they think of them all the time but don't go crazy about it.. (unless they're 12 that is)

Honestly try not to let this get to you too much. Sexuality is confusing and if it's not causing a huge problem (as in you're craaazy about him and don't know what to do) just go with it until you figure it out

Yeah you're probably right, I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing. It's not really causing a huge problem as I feel no pain for the fact he is straight, it's just I've never admired anyone in the way I've done with him.

Although one thing that worries me is that I might one day genuinely catch feelings for him, and I really don't want to! I'm kind of scared it's heading in that direction...
Yeah you're probably right, I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing. It's not really causing a huge problem as I feel no pain for the fact he is straight, it's just I've never admired anyone in the way I've done with him.

Although one thing that worries me is that I might one day genuinely catch feelings for him, and I really don't want to! I'm kind of scared it's heading in that direction...

Have your feelings been getting stronger?
Reply 6
Have your feelings been getting stronger?

Kind of. In a friendly sort of way though, but a little more intense than with my other friends.

I'll just carry on as normal and wait and see what this is all about.
Kind of. In a friendly sort of way though, but a little more intense than with my other friends.

I'll just carry on as normal and wait and see what this is all about.

I think that's a good idea! Maybe you just think he's really awesome and hot, haha.. sorry if I'm no help >.<
Reply 8
I think that's a good idea! Maybe you just think he's really awesome and hot, haha.. sorry if I'm no help >.<

Yeah! No you did help, I have literally no one to talk to about this as I'm not out the closet to anyone yet, and the fact you replied to this thread meant I had someone to get this off my chest to, so thank you 😊
Yeah! No you did help, I have literally no one to talk to about this as I'm not out the closet to anyone yet, and the fact you replied to this thread meant I had someone to get this off my chest to, so thank you 😊

Anytime! If you need someone to chat to reply to this thread or PM me if you feel comfortable enough although I don't mind if you're too shy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending