The Student Room Group

What are the ISA topics for Additional Further Science?

Hey :/
I have a new physics teacher:frown:
Half of my year (including me) are doing GCSE Further Additional Science (Unit 3) and the other half are doing GCSE Additional Science (Unit 2). We are both being taught the same topic for our ISA by this teacher (Light dependant resistors). Is this correct?
The topic we are being taught is not in the Unit 3 specification but it is in the Unit 2. We have done ISAs previously to this and we feel now we are studying the wrong topic and wasting time. Furthermore, this teacher has not taught ISAs before.

Does anyone know the topics for the GCSE Further Additonal Science ISA?!:s-smilie:
For my Further Additional Science ISA it was on refraction and the refractive index, but if you're really worried you should go speak to the head of science! :smile: hope it all works out ok!
Original post by chrisxcross
For my Further Additional Science ISA it was on refraction and the refractive index, but if you're really worried you should go speak to the head of science! :smile: hope it all works out ok!

Thanks I'll do that :smile:
Reply 3
you have an ISA for each unit of work. You might do the Unit 3 one at a later date.
These are the ones we have been told.

Spoiler

Original post by aamirac
you have an ISA for each unit of work. You might do the Unit 3 one at a later date.

I have already completed Unit 1 and Unit 2. And now I'm in year 11 and am doing Unit 3 :h:
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
These are the ones we have been told.

Spoiler

Thankyou! My teacher must me teaching the Unit 2 ISA by mistake😴
Are you sure these are the AQA ones for this year
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mrhomerisaknob
Thankyou! My teacher must me teaching the Unit 2 ISA by mistake😴

You may be doing them for practice.
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
You may be doing them for practice.

I doubt it, he would have told us if it was a practice and we have done ISAs before
Are those ones you sent the AQA ones?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mrhomerisaknob
I doubt it, he would have told us if it was a practice and we have done ISAs before
Are those ones you sent the AQA ones?

Yes, they are the upcoming AQA ones

Quick Reply

Latest