The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is anybody here sitting the CLAT (Classics language aptitude test) on the 5th November. If so, do you have any good advice for preparation, as the Oxford website says there is no need to prepare really, but I'm bricking it...
Original post by DanieleZ
aye.

what are yournGCSEs / AS / Predictions?
I've got an acknowledgment email from Christ Church and they asked for a "passport quality photo". Does that mean they want a photo with the size of a passport photo or do they require a photo that looks like a passport photo? (plus, am I supposed to show my ears, like in passport photos?)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by adynaton
I've got an acknowledgment email from Christ Church and they asked for a "passport quality photo". Does that mean they want a photo with the size of a passport photo or do they require a photo that looks like a passport photo? (plus, am I supposed to show my ears, like in passport photos?)

Most likely not as fussy as a passport photo, just a headshot with a plain background so they can identify you or something.
I just got a second confirmation email? Should I just assume it was a mistake?
Original post by Lau14
Most likely not as fussy as a passport photo, just a headshot with a plain background so they can identify you or something.

Thanks for the quick reply. However, do you reckon it should be passport photo size?
Just got my LMH acknowledgment :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexandraxmarie
Just got my LMH acknowledgment :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooh, another LMH person! There really aren't many of us on this thread, lol xD
Got CHCH acknowledgement a couple of hours ago
Original post by adynaton

Hi, I just emailed ChCh and they said any picture as long as it's good quality of any size.
Original post by OxSarah
Oh God!I'm an international student too but fortunately my final examination is between June and July (it's divided in 4 sections) so I have plenty of time for it.
How can you feel comfortable with section one?Some questions take too much time for me :s-smilie:

Yeah I'm kinda dyingggg. Anyways I just tried a paper I hadn't done before, 2012. It's in the middle of the night over here (11.41pm) so I didn't really do it that properly, and I couldn't be bothered with calculating some stuff woops. Got 28/35 - 8.8 apparently.

I pretty much just roughly calculate everything in my head because I'm really lazy honestly, though towards the end I started to be a little more careful.
:colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thechemistress
I just got a second confirmation email? Should I just assume it was a mistake?

same! i got one from my college and then one again today
Original post by ilovecake123
same! i got one from my college and then one again today

I think everyone did! If I'm not mistaken the first was just to inform you that your application had been received, while the second was to brief you? Or did you guys get the same email twice hahah
Original post by tehtarik
I think everyone did! If I'm not mistaken the first was just to inform you that your application had been received, while the second was to brief you? Or did you guys get the same email twice hahah

yeah i think so lol
its getting scary now
I still didn't get my New College acknowledgement! They did say end of October, so they have until Friday, but they're making me a nervous mess D:
Original post by snowflake39
Hi, I just emailed ChCh and they said any picture as long as it's good quality of any size.

Thanks, I was searching for ID Card photo.
Original post by sebklaine
I still didn't get my New College acknowledgement! They did say end of October, so they have until Friday, but they're making me a nervous mess D:

Called them last week and called them today, they said that we have until the 28th to get it. if you dont get it by then definitely give them a call. I got mine a few hours ago after i called.
Original post by thechemistress
oooh, another LMH person! There really aren't many of us on this thread, lol xD

I don't think it's a very popular choice :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexandraxmarie
I don't think it's a very popular choice :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, no, it's really not :lol:
Original post by snowflake39

Thanks. I just sent a passport size/quality email photo just to be sure... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending