The Student Room Group

Distance learning Oxbridge /UCL

Hello,

Does UCL (Oxford and Cambridge too) offer undergraduate distance learning programs? (Art History and/or English). I don't mean short courses.

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope, sorry.

Try the open university.
Reply 2
Original post by Noodlzzz
Nope, sorry. What a pity!

Try the open university.

Thank you.
Original post by Nina Z
Hello,

Does UCL (Oxford and Cambridge too) offer undergraduate distance learning programs? (Art History and/or English). I don't mean short courses.

Thanks!

No- in the case of Oxbridge for their main degrees it is built on a local college community- all students have to live nearby and most live in college. The Open University which Noodlzzz mentioned is the leader in distance learning provision, the University of London is also another well known name that offers distance learning degrees.
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000
No- in the case of Oxbridge for their main degrees it is built on a local college community- all students have to live nearby and most live in college. The Open University which Noodlzzz mentioned is the leader in distance learning provision, the University of London is also another well known name that offers distance learning degrees.

Thank you very much both. Your answers are very helpful :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Nina Z
Hello,

Thanks!

How about looking at Anglia Ruskin University, based at Cambridge. They seem pretty good to me, they seem to offer a few subjects via distance learning. I am thinking of taking graphic design via distance learning which can take up to 4 years. The costs are relatively cheaper (although looking into getting a student loan).
Original post by Nina Z
x

The others are right about Oxbridge, OP. :smile: However, one point about the UCL bit: UCL is a constituent college of the University of London (UoL) and probably awards University of London degrees rather than its own (I'm aware that some UoL colleges now award their own but I'm not sure which ones :tongue:). So, in effect, you're getting your degree from the same institution even with distance learning if you go with UoL.
Original post by Hydeman
The others are right about Oxbridge, OP. :smile: However, one point about the UCL bit: UCL is a constituent college of the University of London (UoL) and probably awards University of London degrees rather than its own (I'm aware that some UoL colleges now award their own but I'm not sure which ones :tongue:). So, in effect, you're getting your degree from the same institution even with distance learning if you go with UoL.

Pretty sure UCL has been awarding its own degrees for some time now
Pretty sure UCL has been awarding its own degrees for some time now

Hmm. It must be one of the ones that does -- I only really knew of LSE awarding its own degrees. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending