The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

International Offers??

Hello! I'm applying from the US, and I applied on 15 September when the UCAS opened. I've seen people get offers as early as now (late October). Is this unusual, or do international kids usually get offers around this time if they applied in mid-September?? I've exceeded the minimum requirements too, so does this basically guarantee me an offer? I'm applying for International Relations and Economics/Politics (tho I want IR the most).
During the interview in D.C. last Saturday i was told to expext a reply in the next two weeks.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Jupiter14
During the interview in D.C. last Saturday i was told to expext a reply in the next two weeks.

Did you apply for medicine/vet sciences? I know that usually internationals aren't usually interviewed unless it's those courses.
Reply 3
Original post by erod47
Hello! I'm applying from the US, and I applied on 15 September when the UCAS opened. I've seen people get offers as early as now (late October). Is this unusual, or do international kids usually get offers around this time if they applied in mid-September?? I've exceeded the minimum requirements too, so does this basically guarantee me an offer? I'm applying for International Relations and Economics/Politics (tho I want IR the most).

It depends on which university and course you are applying to. Some of them will start offering places any time soon, whereas others won't tell you their decision until March.

I don't think that it really depends on whether you are an international applicant or not, but on their system.
For example, Oxford and Cambridge will hold interviews on December, and tell their decisions on january.

I am an international applicant too (From Spain) and I have alredy received one offer (Glasgow), but my other 4 options are quite slow.
Original post by erod47
Did you apply for medicine/vet sciences? I know that usually internationals aren't usually interviewed unless it's those courses.

No, I applied for cognitive science. The rep was in the area and offered an interview.
Reply 5
I also applied from the US on September 15th for International Business and I jist got an unconditional offer yesterday
Unconditional offer came today! Yay!
Reply 7
Original post by erod47

I'm an international (Jordan) and I received my offer a week after applying. I guess it depends on your course. Relations and Economics/Politics is a very competitive course in Edinburgh so it's likely that they'll take a while!
Are your offers "minimum requirements" or higher? :smile:
Hi! I'm from South Africa and have a conditional offer for Astrophysics. Anyone else from South Africa here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending