The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It depends on the course you want to do :smile:
Sheffield, Sheffield Halam, Derby
Brighton and Oxford Brookes are both good choices for BBB-BBC
anything with metropolitan in the name is apparently really good !
Original post by mariapvera
I'm talking universities that don't ask for AAA ABB more like Cs and Bs but have a good reputation?

Well. I went to Aston for undergrad which isn't russell group and is not bad. I got ABB though and some of my friends got AAB. The fact is to go to a decent uni you will need A's and B's.
Leicester.
Royal Holloway.
Reply 9
Original post by notsogeordie
They're all Russell Group...

Thats the joke... he's saying all other unis dont matter (as a joke)
Original post by chelseafreak
Sheffield, Sheffield Halam, Derby

Sheffield is Russell Group and ranked within the top 100 universities in the world...
Original post by Laura.Laurent
Sheffield is Russell Group and ranked within the top 100 universities in the world...

ok my bad
Bath is one of the better non-RG universities, apparently. I couldn't confirm it but that's what I've heard from friends who've applied there.
So many people offering up unis that ARE RG. Facepalm.

Lancaster perhaps? I know a lot who got in with BBB.
Reply 14
Reading, Strathyclyde, St andrews, Heriot-Watt, Leicester, Loughborough, Aberdeen, thay welsh one, Brunel, Royal holloway, Lancaster, Surrey, Sussex and City.

This only applies to non STEM courses.
(edited 8 years ago)
hull, lancaster, leicester, loughborough, city, brunel, royal holloway, aston, essex, sussex, heriot-watt, strathclyde, aberdeen, dundee, and stirling
Leicester is class, probably should be a RG though so I think they do still ask for mainly A's.
Swansea, Keele, Sussex, Reading and Bangor
UEA :h:
Original post by mariapvera
I'm talking universities that don't ask for AAA ABB more like Cs and Bs but have a good reputation?

Most of the better non-RG universities will want at least Bs, with perhaps one C in the standard offer. Institutions that require more Cs than As/Bs are typically not that good comparatively, although one may have a great time there as an individual and find it fantastic.

Latest

Trending

Trending