The Student Room Group

Jobs for people with low IQ/Zero talent

I finished my biomedical degree with a really low 2:2 and managed to get onto a master’s course with a merit, but have struggled for years beforehand in terms of employment. I am finally starting to realise that I am naturally not bright. My GCSE grades are poor, my a-level grades are average, my undergraduate degree is awful, and I don’t know my master’s marks yet. I have failed at every interview with over 50 interview rejections.. What should I do?

Like someone said on here, they said I should apply for a cleaner job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kasa

Like someone said on here, they said I should apply for a cleaner job

As a graduate that has applies for a tonne of those types of jobs that aint easy either... They are probably going to deem you overqualified :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
As a graduate that has applies for a tonne of those types of jobs that aint easy either... They are probably going to deem you overqualified :frown:

So what hope is there for me?
Reply 3
Politician, journalist, customer services.
Original post by Kasa
So what hope is there for me?

The only hope left is to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!
This makes me sad, unfortunately not everyone is smart (I'm not either).
Try retail, pretty standard career for those that went to college or uni and didn't do too good. Don't get down about it, it might only just be temporary, I know plenty of absolute thicko's who make very decent money and judging by where you're at so far, you're more intelligent than them :u:
Reply 7
Original post by Maker

Made me smile, but please be serious. I am pouring my heart out here.
Reply 8
Tory MP.
Reply 9
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
The only hope left is to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

I have tried..
Reply 10
Original post by hihihihihi
This makes me sad, unfortunately not everyone is smart (I'm not either).

So what are you doing?
Original post by Kasa
So what are you doing?

I study engineering, on track for a first so not doing too bad.
Reply 12
Original post by WoodyMKC
Try retail, pretty standard career for those that went to college or uni and didn't do too good. Don't get down about it, it might only just be temporary, I know plenty of absolute thicko's who make very decent money and judging by where you're at so far, you're more intelligent than them :u:

Thanks, That means a lot to me. Does that master's degree help?
Reply 13
Original post by hihihihihi
I study engineering, on track for a first so not doing too bad.

So saying that you are not bright is stupid...
Original post by Maker

hahaha!
Reply 15
Original post by alow
Tory MP.

Please help me.
just keep constantly applying to retail jobs and any temporary seasonal jobs which are going now!! you can do it!!
Reply 17
Original post by samina_ay
just keep constantly applying to retail jobs and any temporary seasonal jobs which are going now!! you can do it!!

I am worried that i might be over qualitifed with my master's degree
Chances are if you managed to do that stuff you are not that stupid, just not cut out for academia/white collar work you're not interested in. I was in the same situation and ended up welding, haven't looked back. Try and find a hobby that can also potentially be a job, and make it your job. That's my advice.
Original post by Kasa
So saying that you are not bright is stupid...

Okay I feel bad now, sorry...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending