The Student Room Group

Do you sleep with a weapon at close range?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by John55
I'd just whack an intruder with my willy

The combination or your avatar and that post is all too sinister.

Original post by Maggie_O
Why do the nails look like jack o lantern teeth? It's all too much! xD

Because he is my inspiration of course. I have placed outside my castle as you can see below:

Original post by thecatwithnohat

Because he is my inspiration of course. I have placed outside my castle as you can see below:

Festive.
Reply 22
Original post by Maggie_O
And we all envy the intruder, now.

Damn right
Reply 23
Original post by TorpidPhil
Empty dumbbel bars under my bed, but more for convenience than anything else. And deodorant. Plus all the weapons of my body - fingers, palms, knuckles, elbows, teeth, top of skull, knees, shins, feet... Oh and keys too actually.

You hit someone with a dumbbell bar you'd probs be facing manslaughter charges

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I actually do yes

What exactly? :mmm:
Original post by Souljer
You hit someone with a dumbbell bar you'd probs be facing manslaughter charges

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. I'm not stupid. I'd only use it if necessary, i.e. self defense or the projection of reasonable force so as to protect others. Just having it is threatening enough and I wouldn't likely need to use it unless they had a blade or something similar.
when you are the intruder, no one intrudes on you.

People put their phones and wallets away when i approach them in day time. At night time, they move to the opposite side of the road.

Potential intruders avoid my crib. They know once they get in, they wont get out.
What exactly? :mmm:

Its 6 inches long and if it ever goes into anyone the outcome will be messy
Reply 28
Lets say they had a blade then and you gave them a good hit and they died (which is a reasonable possible scenario), you'd still face jail time... its a backwards system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg. powerful weapon.
Its 6 inches long and if it ever goes into anyone the outcome will be messy

omg it's a large subway sandwich isn't it :zomg:
Original post by Souljer
Lets say they had a blade then and you gave them a good hit and they died (which is a reasonable possible scenario), you'd still face jail time... its a backwards system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you wouldn't. So long you had reasonable grounds to believe that they were going to use the blade on you and your life was in danger and thus you needed to take a pre-emptive strike to protect your own life and perhaps that of others around you then it is perfectly legal to take such a strike even if in that scenario it killed the person in question.

They chose as a stranger to bring a knife into your own home. It is quite obvious that one doesn't bring a knife with them unless one wants to use it on burglaries. Burglaries are about getting in fast and getting out fast. What you cannot do however is chase them down out of your own territory and beat them up there. Because when they are running away they no longer pose a threat so you have no legal justification for attacking them as it is now revenge not self defence. You can use reasonable force to prevent a crime such as theft or burglary though, but it's reasonable. You can't catch the guy and then torture him in the back of your van with his mouth tied, although tbh if I did see that as a cop I'd let it slide - I'd just pretend the thief never left the house.

As a cop in training if I visit a house and burglar has been battered within that house by the resident the resident is not getting arrested unless the damage is extremely massive AND there was no reason to believe the burglar could have harmed the resident (aka the burglar is a tiny man with no weapons and the resident is a bodybuilder that weighs more than double him and has broken many of his bones).
(edited 8 years ago)
ye a kitchen knife
Reply 33
Fists.
omg it's a large subway sandwich isn't it :zomg:

Noo silly

Spoiler

The weapon is in my pants...
Reply 36
Original post by TorpidPhil
No you wouldn't. So long you had reasonable grounds to believe that they were going to use the blade on you and your life was in danger and thus you needed to take a pre-emptive strike to protect your own life and perhaps that of others around you then it is perfectly legal to take such a strike even if in that scenario it killed the person in question.

They chose as a stranger to bring a knife into your own home. It is quite obvious that one doesn't bring a knife with them unless one wants to use it on burglaries. Burglaries are about getting in fast and getting out fast.

Ok lad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Noo silly

Spoiler

why would a tv remote go in you?

Actually, don't tell me
i don't wanna know :hand:
Original post by ChickenMadness
ye a kitchen knife

Where do you sleep??? That's not wise you know... Hard to justify the use of a knife in self defence and frankly vs a baseball bat it won't do you much good.
why would a tv remote go in you?

Actually, don't tell me
i don't wanna know :hand:

:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest