Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by footygirlx
She's allowed to have an opinion.

Yes, and she's allowed to disagree.
Reply 461
Original post by SignFromDog
Dear god, you can barely write a single sentence before losing the plot and descending into utter incoherence.

It is notveven democratically elected at least over America it has actually bern elected. We should get a vote on it every oerson in the country done in our parliamentary constituencies and if it is voted against it becomes a no go zone for gays.
Original post by elliemayxo
I've explained this too many times on TSR. If God wanted gay men then he would of created two men instead of a man and a woman.

But guess what? A woman and a man were created because they can conceive, and it's the natural way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But how do you know God exists? Is religion a reliable school of thought? Did religion invent the computer? Did religion land us on the moon? Who are you to say that homosexuality is wrong based on an unreliable source? (that's the bible)
Original post by Nottie
Im all for same sex marriage, but I used to be against it.
At the end, its not down to us. They will be able to marry at some point in the (close) future and there's nothing we can do about it. So instead of spreading hate and getting upset at these "filthy gays" we should just all accept it :smile:. Brings peace to everyones mind IMO.

Oh cool :smile: That's awesome.

Out of interest, was there a religious basis for your opposition before? And what changed your mind?
Yes, of course.

I can't see why it would bother anyone short of religious reasons, and the government should be secular. The government should have to regard them as partners, but churches shouldn't be required to perform the marriage ceremonies if they don't wish to do so.

In my mind, marriage shouldn't even be a legal status because that causes people to conflate it with a religious ceremony. This is why people erroneously think it's an infringement of the rights of preachers to refuse to perform same-sex marriages. The word marriage makes people think of religious rules and the Bible being violated, whereas they might be more open to the idea of treating them equally in terms of legal status if we didn't call it marriage.

It would be easier if they just renamed the legal status of marriage to "civil union" or something along those lines, and then opened it up to homosexuals. Then the term marriage would be reserved for religious ceremonies, and people who didn't approve of same-sex marriage could just join a church that doesn't perform them, while people who do can join the churches that do perform them.

The problem with not allowing homosexuals to enter into a civil union or marriage (whatever you want to call it) with all the benefits that entails is that it forces a religious view on the public, and it's one that even churches are conflicted about.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jambojim97
But how do you know God exists? Is religion a reliable school of thought? Did religion invent the computer? Did religion land us on the moon? Who are you to say that homosexuality is wrong based on an unreliable source? (that's the bible)

Why would you call the bible an unreliable source? Can I ask whether you've read it and if you are going measure how reliable the bible is by looking at the contribution it has made to humanity then speak to the millions of lives that have been uplifted and comforted by the word of God.

In the same way that you believe that homosexuality is right why can't someone else argue their opinions based on their beliefs. Or is every opinion wrong because you don't agree with it?
Two groups of people keep fighting each other because of love. Those people love having sex that (old ) way. But these people love it in different way. Those do love the Bible. But these do not like it.

The Bible is laws? Everyone has to abide by the Bible? God is the judge or the jury? Everyone is supposed to follow his words?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skunkboy
Two groups of people keep fighting each other because of love. Those people love having sex that (old ) way. But these people love it in different way. Those do love the Bible. But these do not like it.

The Bible is laws? Everyone has to abide by the Bible? God is the judge or the jury? Everyone is supposed to follow his words?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting response. But I do believe that we should be living our lives in a way that pleases our creator, God. But there may be those that will refuse to accept that we have a creator and therefore not accept the Bible. Either way, whether society wants to accept it or not God is the judge and will be forevermore.
The question is whether we want to be condemned by the Judge or accepted through Jesus Christ. This is our choice.
Original post by shadowdweller
WHY NOT?

Would you support incest?...father-daughter relationship?, son-mother relationship?

would you support polygamy, polyandry?
Original post by TeryMery
Why would you call the bible an unreliable source? Can I ask whether you've read it and if you are going measure how reliable the bible is by looking at the contribution it has made to humanity then speak to the millions of lives that have been uplifted and comforted by the word of God.

In the same way that you believe that homosexuality is right why can't someone else argue their opinions based on their beliefs. Or is every opinion wrong because you don't agree with it?

There is no empirical evidence to suggest the bible is correct.
Original post by demx9
yea, rather not

What's an reason for them not being able to adopt?
Original post by ZZTop1
Should not be allowed. A child gets qualities from both the mother and father. With no mother it does not get the qualities the mother would give it. Also they are responsible for AIDS.

What about a child that is raised with either just a Father or just a Mother? This is a mis-conception, they do not get aids anymore than people living in the eastern culture, infact it is less. Maybe the reason why gays get aids is because they are not educated about same sex intercourses?
Original post by loveleest
What about a child that is raised with either just a Father or just a Mother? This is a mis-conception, they do not get aids anymore than people living in the eastern culture, infact it is less. Maybe the reason why gays get aids is because they are not educated about same sex intercourses?

Don't worry, having looked at this guy's previous posts (and spelling) he is obviously a troll. And if he's not... I despair for the world.
Original post by Nottie
Im all for same sex marriage, but I used to be against it.
At the end, its not down to us. They will be able to marry at some point in the (close) future and there's nothing we can do about it. So instead of spreading hate and getting upset at these "filthy gays" we should just all accept it :smile:. Brings peace to everyones mind IMO.

I'm the same. I used to be against it because of how I was raised and I thought it was 'unnatural' and all that crap, but then someone raised a good point about how heterosexual couples can still be unable to conceive naturally (or perhaps don't even want kids) , yet they are not condemned to marry. I'm also a strong believer in that you cannot choose who you fall for, and so if two people are happy together, they should be together regardless of what's in between their legs.

I don't like any PDA that involves playing tonsil tennis, even with straight couples, but whatever people do behind closed doors is none of my business. Just my two cents :smile:
Reply 474
Original post by TTWNGCBC
Don't worry, having looked at this guy's previous posts (and spelling) he is obviously a troll. And if he's not... I despair for the world.

Not anti gay.

Original post by loveleest

**** stabbing does not help the cause
I'm Christian and we don't accept homosexuality. However, that doesn't mean I will be violent towards them because of this. Remember:
'Hate the Sin, not the Sinner'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZZTop1
Should not be allowed. A child gets qualities from both the mother and father. With no mother it does not get the qualities the mother would give it. Also they are responsible for AIDS.

I thought the person who started AIDS by ****ing a monkey was responsible.

Original post by SignFromDog
Are you mentally subnormal?

As if you need to ask that.
I support the principles behind it. However, I was always under the impression marriage was a religious ceremony; in which case I don't see why we should alter the religion to suit modern times when it could just be left to die out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NewestPharm
I'm Christian and we don't accept homosexuality. However, that doesn't mean I will be violent towards them because of this. Remember:
'Hate the Sin, not the Sinner'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gosh, that's so nice and tolerant of you. You don't hate gay people, you just hate who they are because of their sexual orientation.
Original post by bardnnyc
Would you support incest?...father-daughter relationship?, son-mother relationship?

would you support polygamy, polyandry?

I wouldn't be involved in it, and it wouldn't affect me. Other people's love/sex lives are none of my concern.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending