The Student Room Group

Help!! Have an exam in less than a day! Not prepared...freaking out

There is so much content to go through and I only have a day and a half. I don't know whether I should read the text book or watch all the lectures (they are all online) I've already watched the first 6 lectures but there's 6 more to go. My professor said to concentrate on the material on the slides he used in class so am I better off watching all the lectures and going over the slides or reading the textbook?

Omg really freaking out now. I want good marks. Should've never taken up a biology course as an elective.
Alternate.
Watch a lecture, then read the textbook on that subject.

Watching 6 lectures at once will freak you out.

Take it cool.
A whole day is a long time - easily enough to get through most of the course.

Have lots of short five minute breaks for drinks and biscuits. :tee:

Deep breath....

...you'll be fine.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dancing sloth
Alternate.
Watch a lecture, then read the textbook on that subject.

Watching 6 lectures at once will freak you out.

Take it cool.
A whole day is a long time - easily enough to get through most of the course.

Have lots of short five minute breaks for drinks and biscuits. :tee:

Deep breath....

...you'll be fine.:smile:

Each lecture is like two hours long though. Maybe I'll watch each lecture then read about the key concepts presented in that lecture but I'm so stressed. I should've attended the lectures. Am I screwed? I really want a HD. The exam is worth 50% of the overall course and I've been doing really well on the pracs and online quizzes. There's going to be 50 MCQ questions and 4 short answer questions each worth 15 marks. Do you think I, at least, have a chance of getting a HD?
Original post by FishLover
There is so much content to go through and I only have a day and a half. I don't know whether I should read the text book or watch all the lectures (they are all online) I've already watched the first 6 lectures but there's 6 more to go. My professor said to concentrate on the material on the slides he used in class so am I better off watching all the lectures and going over the slides or reading the textbook?

Omg really freaking out now. I want good marks. Should've never taken up a biology course as an elective.

I know this isn't really helpful, but how did things turn out like this?
Reply 4
Original post by OrionMusicNet
I know this isn't really helpful, but how did things turn out like this?

I guess I was just too damn lazy. The lectures for this course were scheduled at 8:30 in the morning and every single week I'd think "this is the week. This week I'll definitely attend" but only managed to go to about 3-4 lectures out of a total of 12. We had a double lecture each week so there's a lot of material. I should've started revising sooner but had assignments for other courses that were due sooner. I really should've divided up my time better. Omg I'm so stressed. I just really really need a HD. I'm on track with all my other courses, it's just this one.
I guess I was just too damn lazy. The lectures for this course were scheduled at 8:30 in the morning and every single week I'd think "this is the week. This week I'll definitely attend" but only managed to go to about 3-4 lectures out of a total of 12. We had a double lecture each week so there's a lot of material. I should've started revising sooner but had assignments for other courses that were due sooner. I really should've divided up my time better. Omg I'm so stressed. I just really really need a HD. I'm on track with all my other courses, it's just this one.

Well I guess it's just going to be a hard day of work. Probably best to go off TSR and just watch the lectures and get down as many of the points as you can. Then decide whether or not you would rather stay up late or wake up early to ingrain the information into your memory as much as possible. Hopefully everything turns out alright,
Reply 6
Original post by OrionMusicNet
Well I guess it's just going to be a hard day of work. Probably best to go off TSR and just watch the lectures and get down as many of the points as you can. Then decide whether or not you would rather stay up late or wake up early to ingrain the information into your memory as much as possible. Hopefully everything turns out alright,

Am going to log off in 10 minutes. Thought I'd take a little break to clear my head and put everything into perspective. I'm also trying to improve my English by posting on TSR. Thought it might help to engage with (mostly) native speakers. I've really lost confidence in my written and spoken english skills recently

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Each lecture is like two hours long though. Maybe I'll watch each lecture then read about the key concepts presented in that lecture but I'm so stressed. I should've attended the lectures. Am I screwed? I really want a HD. The exam is worth 50% of the overall course and I've been doing really well on the pracs and online quizzes. There's going to be 50 MCQ questions and 4 short answer questions each worth 15 marks. Do you think I, at least, have a chance of getting a HD?

You're not screwed.
But get offline now and start work.

(And keep repeating 'one more day, only one more day')

:goodluck:
Reply 8
Original post by dancing sloth
You're not screwed.
But get offline now and start work.

(And keep repeating 'one more day, only one more day':wink:

:goodluck:

Going offline now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending