The Student Room Group

bored in relationsuip

it is coming up to my one year anniversary and i am getting bored when i am with my GF shes trying to kiss me and i just dont feel the same way about it anymore she agitates me but its not her fault, i am only 18 i dont want a long term relationship so young, but i dont want to hurt her as bad as i know it will as it is her first relationship? any advice
If you really don't want to be in a relationship with her, you need to tell her. Do it face to face - there's nothing worse than being dumped over text/Facebook/phone etc. Just tell her she's done nothing wrong, but you don't feel ready for a long term relationship
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol I'm in exactly the same situation as you and I feel exactly the same way, every word of that applies to me. It gets really, really boring after a while and you feel trapped and smothered, you need a change. Break up with her, has to be done. Let her down gently and calmly, give her the "it's not you, it's me" speech. Don't worry about her, she'll be alright, she can handle it. This is why monogamy and commitment just don't work, they're old-fashioned concepts. Let's face it, no man alive wants a long term commitment. Men just want sex with as many different women as possible. It's women who want commitment and long term relationships and monogamy, men like you and me get trapped in their grasp then we get bored. You don't want that.

Set yourself free.
Reply 3
Be honest with your GF, tell her about your thoughts and explain that it's not her fault. It's hard, I know, and probably your words will hurt her, but it's better than lie or silence.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by That 2Fase
Let's face it, no man alive wants a long term commitment. Men just want sex with as many different women as possible. It's women who want commitment and long term relationships and monogamy

Bull****

OP just end it rather than prolonging it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Genuine love doesn`t even require a sexual contingent, save it can often prove useful to find the object of your caring attractive. Perhaps it may be possible for you to make the switch? First, be sure that you would wish to commit to genuine/selfless love. It would be a friendship of mutual caring. Somebody for you both to turn to that would always make the time to genuinely listen. It would have to be a mutual heart felt want. She would suffer at first, but there is, honestly, no superior love to this.
Don, it should read, "Many men..." It is true however that many girls only ever have this single experiece of guys We could discuss why this is? But know, it isn`t their fault, not as such anyway.
You may only need to end it if your feelings for her can be no more than superficial. You must ask yourself how comfortable you feel in her company.
If it is the case that you`d prefer to reserve the best for guys, then, I don`t believe that your heart could be in it adequately to other than prolong her suffering.
(edited 8 years ago)
Rather than end a relationship change it to another form. Less can be more. Relationship love is hard work even when it`s mutual. We have a choice over the nature of that love which we wish to deploy, or, more precisely, we can nurture that choice into being.
Men that are human beings want sustained relationships, and men that are human animals, to especially include psychopaths, are just in it for the sex. Many females too would gain pleasure from having more than one sexual partner. The main distinction is that females are more inclined to keeping such thoughts to themselves.
I`m not expecting any badges!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Maybe it's time to get into a relationship
Original post by Anonymous
it is coming up to my one year anniversary and i am getting bored when i am with my GF shes trying to kiss me and i just dont feel the same way about it anymore she agitates me but its not her fault, i am only 18 i dont want a long term relationship so young, but i dont want to hurt her as bad as i know it will as it is her first relationship? any advice

If this is how you are feeling it is best to end it now, it will hurt her but it is better to be honest rather than staying with her feeling unhappy.
How about a long term friendship? Do you love her as a friend (only)? Buy her a present to demonstrate your love. Explain to her how it is which you feel. There must be a cooling off period, but after that you must be the one to contact her. "Relationships" are not everything, and to believe so is likely in large part the problem. The emotional control which is the combination of friendship and love is on most levels the superior relationship.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending