The Student Room Group

Why do guys say they hate "SLUTS"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RiotGirll
That's what people say but I've often seen that the "nice guys" are just pretending and think with their dicks lol (no offence :teehee:)

For example older guys in workplaces who are married or have longterm gfs, most people think they are respectable but a lot of them chase the 20something secretary even if she's not flirting with him

Not all of them.

Hm, again, I'm not sure to what extent I agree with that. Certainly no more than I would agree with the same thing said about older women in workplaces?
Reply 21
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Not all of them.

Hm, again, I'm not sure to what extent I agree with that. Certainly no more than I would agree with the same thing said about older women in workplaces?

I don't think men are more likely to do it but men are often in positions of power more because women take time off to have kids and stuff. I've seen more men do this but maybe that's the reason (in my 20s so been in a lot of jobs)

ikhan94
Well usually because these type of girls just sleep around with guys a lot, obviously all girls that wear makeup and short clothes are not like that, but the look has been prejudged by todays society

So wearing any makeup is bad? :s-smilie:
Why does it annoy you if they're not bothering you though :redface:

Why did you quote my post with something completely different?
Because it's became socially acceptable to put women down and be judgemental towards them, even when you don't know them, and it's bs because as a guy do I really have a problem with a woman showing off her body? Lol no, never have. And there's a massive double standard that exists between genders.

There are plenty of men that wear fake eyelashes, make up, were tons of fake tan, take steroids and go to clubs in short sleeve t shirts begging for some attention for their orange roided up bodies, like those people from Geordie Shore. Yet no-one has a problem with that..
I don't think men are more likely to do it but men are often in positions of power more because women take time off to have kids and stuff. I've seen more men do this but maybe that's the reason (in my 20s so been in a lot of jobs)

So wearing any makeup is bad? :s-smilie:

No obviously not i mean them girls that wear lots, like you can tell and short clothes

Fair point.

I think most men just see it as harmless flirting (as women would), but if they are in a serious relationship then I doubt the majority would actually do something to jeopardise their relationship.
Reply 26
Original post by Vikingninja
Why did you quote my post with something completely different?

You said earlier they annoy you

david_94
Because it's became socially acceptable to put women down and be judgemental towards them, even when you don't know them, and it's bs because as a guy do I really have a problem with a woman showing off her body? Lol no, never have. And there's a massive double standard that exists between genders.

There are plenty of men that wear fake eyelashes, make up, were tons of fake tan, take steroids and go to clubs in short sleeve t shirts begging for some attention for their orange roided up bodies, like those people from Geordie Shore. Yet no-one has a problem with that.

Interesting to see if this is the attitude all guys have

I have found a lot of guys who are "anti slut shaming" feminist types though just want women to sleep around more and show their bodies more really
Reply 27
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Fair point.

I think most men just see it as harmless flirting (as women would), but if they are in a serious relationship then I doubt the majority would actually do something to jeopardise their relationship.

I've seen a lot of cases where it isn't just "harmless flirting" (not with me, other people in the workplace) haha. And favouritism shown. But were going off topic sorry :colondollar:
Reply 28
Original post by ikhan94
No obviously not i mean them girls that wear lots, like you can tell and short clothes

How short is short? :colondollar:
Probably because of our evolved psychology. Women who have multiple partners offer less paternity certainty to mates, which makes them a risky bet from gene's eye view - "your" children may be someone else's.

This is why virginity and sexual purity are much more valued in women than men across cultures and throughout history. Attitudes towards sex have changed hugely over the course of the last few generations in Western culture, but these evolutionary echoes can still be heard.
Reply 30
Original post by chazwomaq
Probably because of our evolved psychology. Women who have multiple partners offer less paternity certainty to mates, which makes them a risky bet from gene's eye view - "your" children may be someone else's.

This is why virginity and sexual purity are much more valued in women than men across cultures and throughout history. Attitudes towards sex have changed hugely over the course of the last few generations in Western culture, but these evolutionary echoes can still be heard.

But then as someone else said it's hypocritical for guys to shame "sluts" and then treat women like that better in practice?

That was the OP really :colondollar:
Reply 31
By slut I do not just mean a girl who sleeps around, which some people call a slut, but one who wears revealing clothes, flirts a lot, wears certain makeup like smoky eyes or red lips, posts sexy pictures on Instagram etc.

A lot of guys call these "slutty" and look down on them

But then they reward those women by treating them better whether by choosing them for relationships or even in the workplace (most of my friends who work have older male bosses who favour the girls at work who flirt with them etc.)

Im in my 20s and I am definitely not one haha, but "nice ladylike" girls who are the opposite of "sluts" ALWAYS get bullied in both the work place and real life, and guys don't actually like them for girlfriends. Women cant win

I'm not a feminist but what do you think

They hate confident women who are sexual beings like they are it's so funny how they want women to suppress themselves and be submissive beings only like lol I'M A SLUT and I love it and I love my sisters who are out there everyday stunting on all of you
How short is short? :colondollar:

at the start of their thighs :s-smilie:
I've seen a lot of cases where it isn't just "harmless flirting" (not with me, other people in the workplace) haha. And favouritism shown. But were going off topic sorry :colondollar:

Fair enough - I agree that there remains a lot of sexism in the workplace. Maybe because old men are overrepresented and they tend to be the ones who harbour such views.

Going back on topic, I agree that a lot of guys hypocritically denounce "sluts" yet are keen to get with them and would also denounce them as "frigid" if they reject them. On the other hand, other guys might dislike girls that get with random people at parties etc (legitimately, imo) and they genuinely would not want to get with such girls. It all depends on the guy in question.
But then as someone else said it's hypocritical for guys to shame "sluts" and then treat women like that better in practice?

That was the OP really :colondollar:

Not at all. Sexually available females are highly valued by males. Just look at how primate males all compete to groom the females when they are in estrus. Sexual availability is an invitation that it could be worth your while to be nice to me. So men like this...but not in their wives!

This is the basis of the madonna / whore dichotomy.
You said earlier they annoy you

Interesting to see if this is the attitude all guys have

I have found a lot of guys who are "anti slut shaming" feminist types though just want women to sleep around more and show their bodies more really

Well really, what does it mean to be a feminist? If you believe in equality, are they not one in the same? Lol I just don't understand when men that sleep around call out women for sleeping around, or why men that dress to get attention call out women that dress to get attention, everyone just needs to chill and enjoy the view :wink2:
By slut I do not just mean a girl who sleeps around, which some people call a slut, but one who wears revealing clothes, flirts a lot, wears certain makeup like smoky eyes or red lips, posts sexy pictures on Instagram etc.

A lot of guys call these "slutty" and look down on them

But then they reward those women by treating them better whether by choosing them for relationships or even in the workplace (most of my friends who work have older male bosses who favour the girls at work who flirt with them etc.)

Im in my 20s and I am definitely not one haha, but "nice ladylike" girls who are the opposite of "sluts" ALWAYS get bullied in both the work place and real life, and guys don't actually like them for girlfriends. Women cant win

I'm not a feminist but what do you think
Not wanting to offend you, but the girls I know who always say that they're not being slutty are often the sluttiest of the lot.
Original post by sadly
They hate confident women who are sexual beings like they are it's so funny how they want women to suppress themselves and be submissive beings only like lol I'M A SLUT and I love it and I love my sisters who are out there everyday stunting on all of you

When I read this post, I imagined you clicking your fingers whilst bobbing your head from side to side

Going

'mmhmmm, mmhmmmm'

and

'na-ah gurlfriend'
Reply 38
Original post by chazwomaq
Not at all. Sexually available females are highly valued by males. Just look at how primate males all compete to groom the females when they are in estrus. Sexual availability is an invitation that it could be worth your while to be nice to me. So men like this...but not in their wives!

This is the basis of the madonna / whore dichotomy.

Most guys who slut shame don't just shame women who are their wives/gfs. They do it to all girls. Often not even girls they know
Reply 39
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
When I read this post, I imagined you clicking your fingers whilst bobbing your head from side to side

Going

'mmhmmm, mmhmmmm'

and

'na-ah gurlfriend'

That's not funny, more than anything it's a racial stereotype since I'm pretty sure you saw me in the n word thread but you know... you keep doing you I guess...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending