The Student Room Group

The Craziest Thing...

A guy who's in the lecture with me has autism he spoke to me and asked me if i have a maths qualification i stated ''no'' he flew into a rage and rang and complained about the lecturer apparently he felt he was being shown up for him not having it...i explained to him that many of us don't have a maths qualification.

next minute...i'm typing up some work he come's flying into the room throws his bags into the corner , come's nose to nose with me screaming and shouting that the lecturer hate's me and him and doesn't want us on the degree no more.

He storms off and leave's the uni premises , i go to and ask the lecturer i explained to her what happened and she said she never said such a thing and she's very fond of me.

i went back into the lecture and carried on working...at the end of the lecture my lecturer pulled me into the office and asked me ''if i was ok''
quite frankly...no it was quite scary honestly somebody going from 0-60 like that , she told me the guy in question has a problem with her she told me to remove him off Facebook and have no contact with him again which i've done.

She then told me she'd try and get the support to deal with him in future instead of the support just leaving him and his support worker apologised to me and said she shouldn't of left him on his own and for me to get the full brunt.

first time ever a lecturer told me to go to the pub and get a whisky...lol

I see the guy again on Thursday...kinda nervous.
Reply 1
Original post by stoltguyboo
A guy who's in the lecture with me has autism he spoke to me and asked me if i have a maths qualification i stated ''no'' he flew into a rage and rang and complained about the lecturer apparently he felt he was being shown up for him not having it...i explained to him that many of us don't have a maths qualification.

next minute...i'm typing up some work he come's flying into the room throws his bags into the corner , come's nose to nose with me screaming and shouting that the lecturer hate's me and him and doesn't want us on the degree no more.

He storms off and leave's the uni premises , i go to and ask the lecturer i explained to her what happened and she said she never said such a thing and she's very fond of me.

i went back into the lecture and carried on working...at the end of the lecture my lecturer pulled me into the office and asked me ''if i was ok''
quite frankly...no it was quite scary honestly somebody going from 0-60 like that , she told me the guy in question has a problem with her she told me to remove him off Facebook and have no contact with him again which i've done.

She then told me she'd try and get the support to deal with him in future instead of the support just leaving him and his support worker apologised to me and said she shouldn't of left him on his own and for me to get the full brunt.

first time ever a lecturer told me to go to the pub and get a whisky...lol

I see the guy again on Thursday...kinda nervous.

If you feel threatened by a fellow student, you need to talk to your Student Union rep about it. If a student is physically threatening or dangerous, they can ultimately be withdrawn from their course. You shouldn't have to feel nervous about sharing a lecture theatre with someone. I realise that this person is autistic, but if the condition means that they can't function safely in your environment, then uni might not be the right place for them right now.

You certainly shouldn't have your concerns fobbed off.
Reply 2
easy, next time just go up to him and start licking his face enthusiastically. always worked for me
Reply 3
Clearly he has a problem ask your head of course to have a talk with him
Thanks for the tips.

my lecturer rang me and said he has serious issues and they'll make sure i won't bare the brunt of one of his episodes again.

Quick Reply

Latest