The Student Room Group

Why do guys say they hate "SLUTS"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sadly
That's not funny, more than anything it's a racial stereotype since I'm pretty sure you saw me in the n word thread but you know... you keep doing you I guess...

oh no you didn't...
Reply 41
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Not wanting to offend you, but the girls I know who always say that they're not being slutty are often the sluttiest of the lot.

I'm not a "ladylike" girl.. usernames a clue haha! :wink:
Not all men are the same. Some don't like sluts and others will go out with them.
Reply 43
Original post by keromedic
Not all men are the same. Some don't like sluts and others will go out with them.

true but some are hypocrites (as in op)
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
When I read this post, I imagined you clicking your fingers whilst bobbing your head from side to side

Going

'mmhmmm, mmhmmmm'

and

'na-ah gurlfriend'
Preach it sistah!
Original post by RiotGirll
true but some are hypocrites (as in op)

Perhaps your definition of what is slutty and theirs is different. Red lipstick or smokey eyes are not inherently slutty characteristics but they might seem to be if there are other features in the woman. It seems to me that you're making different judgments to your friends.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Preach it sistah!

boys who can't handle a strong independent woman

SMH

Perhaps your definition of what is slutty and theirs is different. Red lipstick or smokey eyes are not inherently slutty characteristics but they might seem to be if there are other features in the woman. It seems to me that you're making different judgments to your friends.
That's it man

xD
Reply 47

Even if you just define slut as someone who sleeps around so many guys are hypocrites lol
Even if you just define slut as someone who sleeps around so many guys are hypocrites lol

So you're saying you have friends who - after previously berating women for being promiscuous by calling them sluts- knowingly go out with said women who've had multiple partners?
i agree with what you said but that has nothing to do with the question
Most guys who slut shame don't just shame women who are their wives/gfs. They do it to all girls. Often not even girls they know

Sure, but that's normal. It's like criticizing someone who plays fast and loose with their money, but then enjoying it when they buy them drinks in the pub. Or like criticizing people who aren't so smart, but enjoying feeling superior to them in the classroom.
Reply 51
So you're saying you have friends who - after previously berating women for being promiscuous by calling them sluts- knowingly go out with said women who've had multiple partners?

You're trying to twist the OP. Not necessarily going out with the same women, more ranting about "sluts/slutty behaviour" in convos and then chasing girls who show those exact same behaviours and or sleep around.
Why are we, are at least some of us, still obsessed with calling women enjoy sex with many partners sluts? It's the 21st century, move the **** on and stop trying to police other people's sexual behaviour.
Reply 53
Original post by Quantex
Why are we, are at least some of us, still obsessed with calling women enjoy sex with many partners sluts? It's the 21st century, move the **** on and stop trying to police other people's sexual behaviour.

Did you read the op?
I personally don't "slut shame", nor do my friends but of course there are some guys and girls that will. I won't talk about the girls that do it, though there are plenty, since the thread is focused on the guys.

To be honest, I think some guys do it potentially because they feel intimidated by the looks of the girl but also because, though this is most probably the minority, they genuinely feel that the girl should just cover up and stop trying to attract attention using their body.

I don't slut shame, but I don't personally like it when girl's are too revealing because it gives me the impression that they just want to act provocative- not to say that they can't seeing as it's their body- but also since I know that others will degrade females as a whole as people who use their body for attention. I then find that these are the same females that complain about being attracted to because of their looks only, when it seems as though they intentionally made themselves look provocative anyway for the intention of being attracted to. How can you blame someone being attracted to a girl who wears a lot make p with the intention of being attracted to in that sense?
(edited 8 years ago)
You're trying to twist the OP. Not necessarily going out with the same women, more ranting about "sluts/slutty behaviour" in convos and then chasing girls who show those exact same behaviours and or sleep around.

Fair enough. Well we're all somewhat hypocritical.

I hate hate hate it when people ignore my messages and yet I do it all the time :tongue:.
Reply 56
Fair enough. Well we're all somewhat hypocritical.

I hate hate hate it when people ignore my messages and yet I do it all the time :tongue:.

haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikk-IsE1UiY
Did you read the op?

Yes.
Reply 58
Original post by Quantex
Yes.

Then why aren't you mentioning it?

the whole point is some people label others sluts while being hypocritical
Reply 59
I would never call or even think someone to be a slut, people should be able to do what they want, wear what they want, act like they want (as long as their not a murderer or something) with their lives without idiotic judgmental people thinking that simply by looking at someone they can make accurate assumptions as to said persons personality. Guys and girls who say they hate 'sluts' aren't saying anything of meaning, their simply expressing how shallow of a human being they are.
And before anyone get's upset, I'm not saying that everyone who has ever said that they hate 'sluts' is a shallow person, But they need to grow up and realize some people aren't exactly what they see as how a person should be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending