The Student Room Group

Exercises for perkier boobs?

I have average sized ones but they're droopy. Not sure if genetics haha as all the women in my family, even my older sisters, have them too and they are in good shape!

Are there any exercises I can do to lift them, like will bench pressing help?

Scroll to see replies

Inb4 "Show us pics to help evaluate the problem :tongue:"

No but seriously, I don't know that there is much you can do: I don't think typically exercises aimed at the pectoral muscles will help perk up your boobs (which are predominantly fat) and even if you lost fat (please don't unnecessarily if you are already healthy!) this may just change their size proportionally. As you can probably tell, this answer is based on theory, hopefully someone with experience may have the answer you're after. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Koopa Troopa
Inb4 "Show us pics to help evaluate the problem :tongue:"

No but seriously, I don't know that there is much you can do: I don't think typically exercises aimed at the pectoral muscles will help perk up your boobs (which are predominantly fat) and even if you lost fat (please don't unnecessarily if you are already healthy!) this may just change their size proportionally. As you can probably tell, this answer is based on theory, hopefully someone with experience may have the answer you're after. :biggrin:

lol, inb4

Yeah I lost a lot of weight over the past 6 months (not much but went from curvy to slim) and they shrunk a bit too :s-smilie:

thanks
Reply 3
i think you should like do those exercises with your hands; lift your chest up and put your arms behind your back. That's what I've been doing for a straight month and my boobs are in good shape.
Reply 4
Original post by User23
i think you should like do those exercises with your hands; lift your chest up and put your arms behind your back. That's what I've been doing for a straight month and my boobs are in good shape.

With weights or hands together? :smile:
Girl, it doesn't matter. Please. Focus on the your bum instead. You can actually improve that and fine legs on a woman is just... Perrffffeecctt.
Reply 6
Original post by RiotGirll
With weights or hands together? :smile:

Well, that depends on you. If you want to do it with weights to make it stronger or add more resistance then you can. To be truthful, I just got out two water bottles and spread my arms and pulled them to my back :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by User23
Well, that depends on you. If you want to do it with weights to make it stronger or add more resistance then you can. To be truthful, I just got out two water bottles and spread my arms and pulled them to my back :smile:

Thanks :smile: Do you know the name of the exercise I'm trying to figure it out haha
Reply 8
Original post by TorpidPhil
Girl, it doesn't matter. Please. Focus on the your bum instead. You can actually improve that and fine legs on a woman is just... Perrffffeecctt.

Yeah but some girls don't like that. I'm happy with my bum; it's small but round, not kim k standard though cos that's digustenggg.
Original post by User23
Yeah but some girls don't like that. I'm happy with my bum; it's small but round, not kim k standard though cos that's digustenggg.

But really, there's very little you can do exercise wise for saggy boobs... You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you are striving for unattainable goals.

But hey, I'm an ass man what can I say :P
Reply 10
But really, there's very little you can do exercise wise for saggy boobs... You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you are striving for unattainable goals.

But hey, I'm an ass man what can I say :P

Yeah but you could do chest exercises, I'm doing them and it's made a massive improvement, my boobs are a good size and they're not saggy. And haha, does your girlfriend have a nice bum?
Original post by User23
Yeah but you could do chest exercises, I'm doing them and it's made a massive improvement, my boobs are a good size and they're not saggy. And haha, does your girlfriend have a nice bum?

Chest exercises make your boobs less saggy? How does that even work? Is that because your underlying chest area gets bigger and sort of makes the boobs droop on a slant so they don't come in your face as much like saggy boobs... I don't get it lol.

I don't have a girlfriend and I'd certainly settle for one with a terrible bum lmao. She would be lucky though because my bum is pretty nice:tongue:
Bench pressing will build up the muscle behind your boobs and push them out a bit
I'm pretty sure that chest exercises do make boobs perkier..
Reply 14
Boobs don't contain any muscle, just glandular tissue and fat, so you can't exercise your breasts perkier. But working on your pectoral muscles may lift the overall position of the boobs as a whole a little :h:
I have average sized ones but they're droopy. Not sure if genetics haha as all the women in my family, even my older sisters, have them too and they are in good shape!

do dumbbell bench press and cables. It will tone them up.
I do squats for my ass

And btw massages do work to get perkier boobs
Not wearing a bra according a new study is just about the only thing that works according to a study supposedly going to be published this year... http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/no-bra-day-special-are-bras-bad-you

x

Original post by User23
x

Cba removing all your posts, but can you take your pseudo therapy or otherwise to PM or elsewhere. Cheers

Edit: Puddles to the rescue
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Angry cucumber
Not wearing a bra according a new study is just about the only thing that works according to a study supposedly going to be published this year... http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/no-bra-day-special-are-bras-bad-you

Cba removing all your posts, but can you take your pseudo therapy or otherwise to PM or elsewhere. Cheers

Thanks for calling it pseudo therapy, it really hurt my feelings :smile:

Heya, like others have already said you can't really tone your boobs directly. :smile: But exercises which develop your chest muscles will help to lift them. Making sure you've got a good posture when standing will help, too. :smile:

You said you've lost some weight quickly - that might be way they've "flattened" a bit.

Either way, boobs are beautiful in all their shapes and sizes, so don't feel self conscious about yours :h:

Quick Reply