The Student Room Group

Declaring individual module grades or not??

Hi, new to this so not sure if in the right place,

I completed my AS's last year after retaking but with carrying on one A2 retaking psychology and picking up English (I originally did bio, chem, business and psychology carrying bio on to A2). This year I am doing A2 bio (retaking A2) English lit A2 and psychology A2 predicted ABB. I have declared all of my results even the ones I retook and pending ones (ofc) but do I need to put module grades? I am not applying for any subjects I'm taking and they're not really related to what I'm applying for. I'm applying at Sheffield, York, Leeds, Nottingham and Manchester (if you're think they're a bit out of my league I qualify for lower offers due upbringing etc). Putting my unit grades would definitely be a negative but I don't want them to think I'm hiding something (I am really:tongue:), what would your advice be?
Original post by Trackstar
Hi, new to this so not sure if in the right place,

I completed my AS's last year after retaking but with carrying on one A2 retaking psychology and picking up English (I originally did bio, chem, business and psychology carrying bio on to A2). This year I am doing A2 bio (retaking A2) English lit A2 and psychology A2 predicted ABB. I have declared all of my results even the ones I retook and pending ones (ofc) but do I need to put module grades? I am not applying for any subjects I'm taking and they're not really related to what I'm applying for. I'm applying at Sheffield, York, Leeds, Nottingham and Manchester (if you're think they're a bit out of my league I qualify for lower offers due upbringing etc). Putting my unit grades would definitely be a negative but I don't want them to think I'm hiding something (I am really:tongue:), what would your advice be?

You don't have to, I didn't :smile: Unis don't really look for them if they don't require them.
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
You don't have to, I didn't :smile: Unis don't really look for them if they don't require them.

Thanks for the info, you mind me asking where you applied? Are you at uni now?
Thanks for the info, you mind me asking where you applied? Are you at uni now?

No I'm not but I've read several posts on here asking the same question :smile: I've applied to Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Cardiff (x2) and Swansea and so far have an offer from Aberystwyth and one of the Cardiff courses. What about you, which universities/courses have you applied to?
It's only Cambridge that want UMS marks specifically.
You don't need to declare module grades. I asked some of my uni's and they said it's not needed - if there is an issue they would ask you outrightly.
Only put them if your module grades are strong.
Put module grades for all subjects or none so it doesn't outrightly look like you're hiding information
Reply 5
Original post by emiloujess
No I'm not but I've read several posts on here asking the same question :smile: I've applied to Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Cardiff (x2) and Swansea and so far have an offer from Aberystwyth and one of the Cardiff courses. What about you, which universities/courses have you applied to?

Ahh that's awesome, I've applied to Manchester, York, Nottingham, Sheffield and Loughborough (after swapping with Leeds) I've applied for foundation physics as my college wouldn't let me take maths😓. What have you applied for?

Oh and I decided not to put my unit grades in, in the end
Reply 6
Original post by tcameron
It's only Cambridge that want UMS marks specifically.
You don't need to declare module grades. I asked some of my uni's and they said it's not needed - if there is an issue they would ask you outrightly.
Only put them if your module grades are strong.
Put module grades for all subjects or none so it doesn't outrightly look like you're hiding information

Thanks for the help!
Ahh that's awesome, I've applied to Manchester, York, Nottingham, Sheffield and Loughborough (after swapping with Leeds) I've applied for foundation physics as my college wouldn't let me take maths😓. What have you applied for?

Oh and I decided not to put my unit grades in, in the end

I've applied for various Politics Joint Honours courses, and Political Communication at Swansea :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending