The Student Room Group

'Right to work' Documents

I have a Malaysian passport and I had to send it to the DVLA to get my provisional driving license.

I have a job interview next week and it is unlikely that I will get my passports back by then. (The reason I say 'passports' is because I also had to send my first passport with my Right of Abode in.)

Anyway, I have a NI number and I have a full A4 birth certificate. However it is a Malaysian birth certificate. I think they want a UK birth certificate but my birth certificate shows I have a British father. Is this okay?
Original post by radprincess
I have a Malaysian passport and I had to send it to the DVLA to get my provisional driving license.

I have a job interview next week and it is unlikely that I will get my passports back by then. (The reason I say 'passports' is because I also had to send my first passport with my Right of Abode in.)

Anyway, I have a NI number and I have a full A4 birth certificate. However it is a Malaysian birth certificate. I think they want a UK birth certificate but my birth certificate shows I have a British father. Is this okay?

The fact you have a British father won't help no- it doesn't show that you have the right to live and work here. You need to check with the company itself what they will accept though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending